PDA

View Full Version : Closest yet to first non-Ace-Run Ace

J_VanOver
04-08-2010, 10:33 AM
Monday I had a blow through on 10 at CV with a 165 Apache. I went up there to sell a bag to Brian Pait and then decided to try out the Apache after he left. I was carrying the Apache and an Element to each hole starting on 6. Played 6 & 7 with less than stellar throws but parred them.

I walked across to 10 and threw the Apache and I thought it was going long as it came over the wall and then it busted through the chains, hit the rim of the basket and fell out. :(

I played 11 and threw the Element to the flat spot between the trees next to where the ditch starts on the left and threw the Apache into the ditch. The Element seems to be a great gliding slightly understable mid. I threw it on 6 and almost hit Brennon on 5's tee. He pretended that he was going to catch it and I told him that I'm glad that were not on an Ultimate team if he catches like that. :D

Daniel
04-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Monday I had a blow through on 10 at CV with a 165 Apache. I went up there to sell a bag to Brian Pait and then decided to try out the Apache after he left. I was carrying the Apache and an Element to each hole starting on 6. Played 6 & 7 with less than stellar throws but parred them.

I walked across to 10 and threw the Apache and I thought it was going long as it came over the wall and then it busted through the chains, hit the rim of the basket and fell out. :(

I played 11 and threw the Element to the flat spot between the trees next to where the ditch starts on the left and threw the Apache into the ditch. The Element seems to be a great gliding slightly understable mid. I threw it on 6 and almost hit Brennon on 5's tee. He pretended that he was going to catch it and I told him that I'm glad that were not on an Ultimate team if he catches like that. :D

That would be an ace run, right? :smile:

Brennan D catches like a girl...:Ahhhh: j/k, of course...

J_VanOver
04-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I was talking about the annual Discraft Ace-Run that Martin usually hosts. I have had one or two of those Aces but don't count it/them. I was definitely "running" for an Ace on 10.

jeremy
04-08-2010, 01:52 PM
I have some old prototype Elements and Element-Xs at home if you'd like to buy them. :) They're sweet! No stamp!

Daniel
04-08-2010, 04:14 PM
I was talking about the annual Discraft Ace-Run that Martin usually hosts. I have had one or two of those Aces but don't count it/them. I was definitely "running" for an Ace on 10.

Ohhhhhh...missed that one...

J_VanOver
04-08-2010, 04:25 PM
I have some old prototype Elements and Element-Xs at home if you'd like to buy them. :) They're sweet! No stamp!

Gateway has retooled the Element and kept the name.

He is slightly retooling the Element-X and releasing it as the Scout which he claims on the PDGA website will have a stability between the Warrior and the Element. The rename, he claims, is due to sales not being that great because players thought the X meant that it was an X-out.

What quantities do you have and what plastic?

jeremy
04-08-2010, 05:18 PM
It's like a grippy "Star"-like plastic. I only have two used ones.

eric_g
04-09-2010, 01:09 AM
That would be the Ace RACE...thats why it was confusing people

J_VanOver
04-09-2010, 12:12 PM
That would be the Ace RACE...thats why it was confusing people

You are exactly right Eric. My bad. It was the closest to first non Ace-Race Ace.

jeremy
04-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Jason, you should change your signature to "Jason Van Over Par". That would produce the phunnay and create lol's. Just sayin'!

Adam
04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Hahaha, that's a great one!