PDA

View Full Version : Work at Iroquois?

thedrew3000
03-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Does anyone know what's going on at Iroquois Park? I was out there this morning and Hole 1 was all torn up, and there were bulldozers working. Have they finally started re modeling the course?

SDodson
03-09-2010, 07:14 PM
They are extending the Parking lot to out there. .

jeremy
03-10-2010, 02:08 PM
I thought the Allstars were supposed to have the course redesigned by now to accommodate these changes? It's ALWAYS been a pain trying to work with Metro on that course.

Adam
03-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I thought the Allstars were supposed to have the course redesigned by now to accommodate these changes? It's ALWAYS been a pain trying to work with Metro on that course.

That's what I thought also, so I checked the Allstars website and I see nothing posted about work at Iroquois.

jennifer
03-10-2010, 03:53 PM
We are working on the new course, waiting for Metro Parks on some items, will post on site when have more information

jeremy
03-10-2010, 04:48 PM
...waiting for Metro Parks on some items...
Yuck! I know this story far too well. Dealing with Metro is like pulling teeth. I hope it all works out.

Adam
03-10-2010, 05:05 PM
Cool, thanks for the update Jennifer.

Kao
03-10-2010, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the update Jennifer! I hope all goes well and please post if you need extra hands!

jennifer
03-11-2010, 04:10 PM
They will be up there pretty much all day tomorrow and on Sunday if anyone would like to come out and help.

GMcAtee
03-12-2010, 04:14 AM
I was there Sunday and noticed all the orange and blue flags for the new tees and basket locations. The new layout should be exciting.

Should be back up there in a couple of weeks, and am hoping the course is playable. My 11-year old niece is really excited about playing disc golf for the first time. She's thrown my discs around and has a decent arm for a beginner. Kids really get hooked on these "frisbees" easily!

iroquoisman24
03-12-2010, 01:56 PM
We will have 2 new courses when all is said and done. 1 on top and 1 on bottom im sure others know of this by now. Woooo Hoooo:weee:

Daniel
03-12-2010, 04:17 PM
We will have 2 new courses when all is said and done. 1 on top and 1 on bottom im sure others know of this by now. Woooo Hoooo:weee:

Um, nope...lengths? Hard and easy? Short and long? Do tell...

jeremy
03-12-2010, 05:27 PM
Yeah...I hadn't heard that either. That would be neat.

martin
03-12-2010, 07:21 PM
just 1 course

iroquoisman24
03-12-2010, 08:58 PM
misunderstanding... the word top was misunderstood sorry I was excited.

jennifer
03-15-2010, 08:50 PM
While construction is going on at Iroquois park, holes 1 - 5 will be closed for at least the next 30 days. I will post when they will be reopened. This is to allow the construction workers to complete their projects and to allow the grass to regrow. We will still be able to have the Friday night AllStar leagues starting this Friday March 19 at 6pm. This will be the only time that these holes will be open so that people can try them out. This information will be available on the metro parks website soon and I will post the link as soon as it is available.

GetEmWet
03-21-2010, 03:51 PM
Are all 18 new holes installed and good to go? Are the pads in yet?

SDodson
03-21-2010, 08:25 PM
All Holes are in and Ready to play!! including 1-5.. Get out there and play!! No Pads in yet.. work is underway

Kao
03-22-2010, 12:16 AM
When will the pads be poured and how long does it take for them to cure?

Will everyone going out there to play now effect the grass that they (Metro Parks) wanted to let grow back?

From what I have seen everything looks good, great work so far guys!

John
03-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Does anyone know what's going on at Iroquois Park? I was out there this morning and Hole 1 was all torn up, and there were bulldozers working. Have they finally started re modeling the course?
http://allstarsdiscgolf.com/forum/download/file.php?id=6

Daniel
03-23-2010, 06:34 PM
http://allstarsdiscgolf.com/forum/download/file.php?id=6

I just walked and played some of the course today and really liked what I saw. Just one thing--please mark where 10s tee is. Several people (including myself) couldn't find it.

Nice use of land! Liked some of the shots. Makes Iq more interesting! Can't wait to see 10-15. Shot a -7 on 1-9, 16-18...

Daniel

captain plastic
03-23-2010, 06:42 PM
I think the course is sweet.

My only small complaint is the lack
of shots that finish right. It seemed
like I was throwing a lot of hyzer shots.

Tons of work has been put into this course.
It is AWESOME!! Will be playing a lot more
Swamp in the future.

Daniel
03-23-2010, 07:15 PM
I think the course is sweet.

My only small complaint is the lack
of shots that finish right. It seemed
like I was throwing a lot of hyzer shots.

Tons of work has been put into this course.
It is AWESOME!! Will be playing a lot more
Swamp in the future.

I think you're right about the hyzer-dominance of this course. However, on a lot of 'em, you can throw a FH shot if you want to. (Can't comment on 10-15 as I didn't see them.)

It is definitely a fun one. I will be making the drive more often...

Sunspot
03-24-2010, 12:55 AM
I'll have to make a trip out there to play the new layout.

Russ
03-24-2010, 09:31 AM
I would like to personally thank all of the people who have offered their time to make this change happen. I know of several people who have been at the park daily for well over two weeks now helping to make this a possibility. We all owe them a great deal of thanks. The course is going to be awesome!
Special thanks to Eric Roadhouse for a new design.........
Special thanks to John Allgier for busting a** and making sure that all baskets and tee signs got moved quickly. If you only knew how much concrete is on the baskets and tee signs. This was some back breaking work and John was there for all 19 baskets and signs!
So if you see any of the all stars guys on the course please thank them for all of there hard work!!!!!!

captain plastic
03-24-2010, 09:46 AM
I also like how they used what little was left
of thick woods. The old course
was beat. Poison ivy even had a hard
time growing on the old layout.

This new layout is actually going to have
underbrush. WOW!

Great things are happening in the Derby
City.

Roady and Co. did a quick and
a fantastic job

Bubby Hill
03-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Haven't seen the new layout yet, but look forward to it. Good job All Stars!

SHAD
03-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Does anyone have a map or lay-out to post. I have figured out the new course but everyone does seem a bit lost out there? Looks good, thanks for all the hard work people did to get it playable...Can't wait to see the finished product!

weeman
03-24-2010, 08:36 PM
there's a course map under the iroquois section of the board. it might be a good idea to have a copy of it while playing it the first few times if you're not able to go out there with someone already familiar with the layout.

Sweat
03-24-2010, 08:42 PM
I watched Wave 3 at 6pm and they had a little segment about the park and the disc golf course and they interviewed John Allegier.

Kao
03-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Cool, gotta love the exposure!

Hamilton
04-05-2010, 10:28 PM
i got to play it last Thursday...really kick-ass layout...i too had problems finding the tee for 10, but eventually found it (originally thought it was 15's tee, which was also hard to find)...i absolutely love this course now...can't wait till its all finished...