PDA

View Full Version : LDGC Logo

nick murphy
01-21-2010, 06:01 PM
I've been messing around in Photo Shop trying to learn new things and seeing what I can. While I was doing this I decided to do a logo to do with the LDGC. It's still a work in progress but I would love to hear everyone's thought on it.

I've updated this with two versions of the logo I've done. Both of them aren't finish.

First Version

http://nicholasmurphy.com/gfx/ldgc.jpg

Second One

http://nicholasmurphy.com/gfx/ldgcspires.jpg

illyB
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
not too bad! It would be cool to incorporate the twin spires in it too from Churchill downs. Also, disc golf is two words

nick murphy
01-21-2010, 07:17 PM
not too bad! It would be cool to incorporate the twin spires in it too from Churchill downs. Also, disc golf is two words

I thought something looked off but after a hour of messing around I just shrugged it off lol. But I've updated it with the spacing. I'm looking for a way to incorpate the twin spires..

captain plastic
01-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Awesome!

nick murphy
01-22-2010, 08:12 PM

This is what I got so far.

http://nicholasmurphy.com/gfx/ldgcspires.jpg

ruhrohraggy
01-23-2010, 10:31 AM
What if you put the basket on top of the rounded tower that is more in the center of the picture? also, perhaps make the basket bigger? looking at that picture i think it would take a minute to actually find the basket, and that seems to me like it's just about the most important part of the picture.

just had a light bulb.

what if you remove the basket from the skyline and use a grayed out large basket as the background for the skyline and the spires? i'm thinking the basket should be about twice the height of the picture shown above and the LDGC logo "inside" of the chains. is that doable?

PDGA#26039
01-23-2010, 10:42 AM
i like the very first one. Clean and simple is good, esp. for logos

captain plastic
01-23-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't think using the twin spires is a good
idea. They are copyrighted fo sure.

G1nked
01-25-2010, 12:56 AM
I like the first one as well. how about adding a disc flying into the basket
and or add Dave Greenwell standing in the skyline like a Godzilla movie breathing flaming discs all over the skyline? ok maybe not

ruhrohraggy
01-25-2010, 01:33 AM
I still think the basket should be enlarged and moved to the background... the basket on top of the building isn't centered and it doesn't really stand out. I had to look at it twice to actually see the basket the first time.

But other than that I am all for the first one, as well.

John
01-25-2010, 07:34 AM
I also think the basket should be moved to the rounded tower.

J_VanOver
01-25-2010, 06:33 PM
I really like the Black skyline idea. What if you try putting several white baskets inside of the buildings instead of the one on top? The bottom of the baskets would be at the bottom of each building. I think it could look like a course set up downtown. You could make the baskets different sizes so that they would look closer or farther away. Or maybe just one or two instead of in each building.

nick murphy
01-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and comments! I'm still kinda in the learning stages on making graphics so I'll see what I can do. I've been doing simple graphics for a a long time but now I'm wanting to learn how to do different things with images.

If anyone else has any suggestions throw them out here and I'll see what I can do. I might do a couple copy's of each like I did the twin spires and the regular logo.