PDA

View Full Version : Fund Raiser

Airborne
01-20-2010, 07:28 AM
FYI: We (The Allstars and the LDGC) will be working together on a fundraiser to assist Steve Dodson in his recovery from his accident. The event will be held on the 7th of Feb. at CV. Remember, this is an unsanctioned tournament, no points, it is only to have some fun and to help out a fellow Disc Golfer. We will begin at 6:30 am with a Pancake Breakfast, 2$ for a small stack of pancakes. Breakfast will run from 6:30 to 8:30 am. Players meeting at 9 am with tee time on 9:30am. After one round of 27 holes ( 9 temps will be added similar to CVO a couple of years ago ) we will have homemade chili avaliable while scores are being added for $2 and hot dogs for $1. All moneys made will go to help Steve pay some bills or whatever. Entry fees will be Pro $30, AM I $20, AM II $15, and Womens $15. Pro payout will be 70% payback and 30% will go to Steve. We will also work in some mulligans. One mulligan for three cans of food or $5 dolllars apiece, with a max of of 3 per player. The cans of food will go the a local food bank just like an Ice Bowl. We hope that players will attempt to get some sponsers to pay so much per hole to play or try to get some money or items donated for player prizes. These might inxlude discs, coupons for a free dinner, any item that might be useful will be appreciated. More info will be coming out in the next day or so. I think this will be fun for all and it is for a good cause. I hope all will plan on coming out and lending a hand. The next club meeting will be on the 31st at Jim Ashton's house right after Polar Bear Leagues. See you there!

jennifer
01-20-2010, 11:58 AM
while the event is not sanctioned, it is an official Ice Bowl event and is listed on the Ice Bowl calander.