PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone!!

SDodson
12-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Hey Everyone.. I want to thank everyone for their spport.. Was a tough situation once i acctually woke up and found out what happened.. to be honest scared the crap outta me when i found out what happened to my neck.. I Just want to thank everyone for there support and what youll are doing for me. I Really do appreciate it.. I am At home now made it out of the hospital before christmas like i wanted.. They Say i was lucky with my situation and the way something in my head healed i didnt need the other surgury which woulda sucked cause they woulda had to cut the skin off my forehead and drill a hole in it for some kinda fluid drain... They said they have never seen it heal itself so i guessi was lucky with that lol.. I amd Very thankful for everything and the support i was shown.. it really means alot specially since i was a quiet person and pretty much kept to myself.. Alot more people showed up than i woulda every thought.. Just wanted to let everyone know i am out and should be back to normal everntually and for youll to watch out come spring time.. cause ill be back on the course and gonna play my heart out.. ive missed it so much lol.. Thanks again everyone

Adam
12-24-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm so glad to hear you're recovery is going well and you made it home for Christmas. I hope to see you out on the course soon.

kirvin2
12-24-2009, 10:39 AM
Wow, that's great to hear! That should make everyone's Christmas that much brighter! I hope the rest of your recovery goes good too!
Merry Christmas!

SDodson
12-24-2009, 10:58 AM
I plan to be out there as soon as im able.. the fact i can walk around without holding on to something is awesome.. i get these rods removed from my neck in less than 2 week then i can acctually move my head lol.... Glad it didnt turn out worse tho it easily coulda been.. considering i fought with the EMT's while i had a broken neck.. which isnt something i would do.. Everything is coming along good.. been awake little over a week and im home already so thats awesome.. Left arm i cant really lift but i was also laying in bed for over 2 weeks so its expected.. i plan to beback out there asap

martin
12-25-2009, 04:52 PM
thats awesome steve, tough man

great to hear you are doing better

captain plastic
12-25-2009, 05:55 PM
Merry Christmas Steve.
So glad you are out. Hope you heal
up and are out on the course soon.

J_VanOver
12-25-2009, 09:05 PM
It's good to hear that you are healing well and are upbeat. Get well soon and I will keep praying for your full recovery.

SDodson
12-25-2009, 09:19 PM
thx guys much appeciated.. i plan to be back sooner than later.. they say im making a quick recovery.. get these bars out of my neck in a week and a half..other than minor pain in my left shoulder (right handed anyway lol) i should be about 80-90% after they takes these bars outta my neck.. once i get to movin my head again since icant atm

Kao
12-26-2009, 11:27 AM
I echo what the others have said Steve, great news indeed! Take it easy though after the bars are removed and you heal up. You don't want to reinjure something!

SDodson
12-26-2009, 11:48 AM
well thats the reason the bars are there.. i can only move my head about 3 inches.. once i get those out its gonna be great.. cept the fact they cutting into my neck again lol.. And once i get these wires outta my mouth cant wait for that.. sure hope it happens monday lol.. Tho im ready to get back out and be normal again lol

CG17415
12-26-2009, 10:43 PM
This is great news for sure! Stay strong my friend!

SDodson
12-27-2009, 04:11 AM
No doubt i will.. I so ready to be back to normal lol.. i wanna get back out on the course,, even tho i lost weight and cant stand the cold now haha

jamesmcc
12-27-2009, 09:37 AM
Man its great to hear you doing so well Steve that sure is the best news compared to the news we got when it happened. Can't wait to get the D man back as doubles partner. Stay safe and happy holidays.

SDodson
12-27-2009, 11:40 AM
YEah thx man.. tell me about.. how the think the new hit me.. Hell i thought i was just sleeping.. but it was a sleep they put me in lol.. Hell other than walking again for the first time.. i couldnt wait to get up and get back out and play disc golf again lol.. Hearing of my broken neck worried the hell outta me

bpait
12-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Glad to hear that you are progressing and doing well. I wish you nothing but the best in your recovery and look forward to seeing back out on the course. God bless!