PDA

View Full Version : Steven Dodson

AndrewJ
11-26-2009, 01:21 PM
Some of you may have heard by now that Steven Dodson was in a car wreck yesterday (11/25). He has some sever injuries and probably won't return to disc golf for quite awhile. He was driving down Chenoweth Run and lost control of his truck and slammed into a tree. They are keeping him sedated at University of Louisville hospital. He fractured some upper cervical vertebrae (same ones that Christopher Reeves broke) and did some major damage to the left side of his face. His eye socket is crushed, nose is broke, cheek smashed. He will be in the hospital for a few more weeks and then rehab for at least a year. The plastic surgeon said that is the most damage hes seen to a face in a car wreck.

Steve, if you get a chance to read this, we're thinking of you.

captain plastic
11-26-2009, 03:17 PM
Oh my. Steve you are in my thoughts.
I hope you make it through this.
We should certainly hold an ice bowl
to help with expenses. This is awful news.

jeremy
11-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Wow, I hate to hear that. I'll be praying for him for sure. Where is he now? Can he have visitors?

Kao
11-26-2009, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear this news, we will keep you in our prayers Steve!

PDGA#26039
11-26-2009, 10:16 PM
Sounds terrible. You're in my thoughts Steven.

kirvin2
11-27-2009, 07:36 AM
As a newbie here I can't say that I know Steven, but I'm very sorry to hear of your bad accident. You're in my prayers.

illyB
11-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Running an ice bowl would be a great idea. Very sorry to hear about this

Terry Glass
11-27-2009, 09:55 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with Steve and his family. I hope he heals quickly and gets back to playing.

ruhrohraggy
11-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Holy cow. That's terrible. He will definitely be in my prayers. Does anyone know if/when/where he can have visitors? Sheesh, and I just played with him last weekend at the Charlestown State Park temp basket tourney AND at the Gold Vault Open the week before, too...

jeremy
11-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Running an ice bowl would be a great idea. Very sorry to hear about this
I could sanction it through my church and they'll drop all the PDGA fees. I'll look into it.

CG17415
11-27-2009, 10:11 PM
o my gosh thats some horrible news! my thoughts and prayers are with Steven & his family! stay strong man!

AndrewJ
11-28-2009, 11:27 PM
I just got back from visiting and he was excited to hear your all's words. He is stable now which is great. If you want to talk to his brother Mat about his condition or visiting or anything, give him a call at 502-407-1224.

Where is he now? Can he have visitors?

Steve is at University of Louisville Hospital on the 9th floor in the ICU. Visitors are welcome to come and see him anytime. He is going to have surgery on Tuesday, so any day besides that would be good. I'm going up there again Monday evening.

jamesmcc
11-29-2009, 12:33 AM
We will all keep you in our prayers Steve for a quick return and a safe and sucessful surgery.

Adam
12-11-2009, 11:53 AM
Any word on how Steve's doing? I hope all is as well as can be expected.

Airborne
12-11-2009, 09:33 PM
I spoke with John Allgier yesterday and was told that he is still in ICU. His eyes and mouth are sewn shut, trach tube etc. He is in for a long haul. The LDGC and the Allstars Club are going to work together to have a fund raiser tournament to benefit Steve, so be on the look out for details. :cry: :Please:

Tekofman
12-15-2009, 12:51 AM
Good news on stevens behalf hes up and walking with assistance now, Hes also able to talk all the way now. They got him eatting some food and hes moved out of ICU. Hes still at UofL hes on the 7th floor in room 731 if anyone would like to go see him your more then welcome. He welcomes anyone to visit at anytime.

AndrewJ
12-17-2009, 10:35 PM
I just got back from visiting Steve and he wanted me to tell you all that he really appreciates the thoughts and visitors. He is now at the Frazier Rehab Institute in room 704 and will probably be there for another week or so. I'm not sure when visiting hours begin, but they end at 9:30.

Tekofman
12-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Is there anymore updates on the Tourny by chance. So i can let steven know. Hes talking about wanting to try and attend it in some form weither it be a caddy or playing rec or something.

jeremy
12-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Is he really to a point to where he'll be moving around that much? That's awesome! I had intent of running something but the Allstar's are supposed to be working something up with the LDGC. If that falls through I'll most definitely do something.

Tekofman
12-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Steven gets to come home Wendsday at 10am.....its going to be awesome to have him home agian. He with still have the rods in his neck also have his mouth wired shut and the trak in but all that will be taken care of in the next couple weeks or so.

Daniel
12-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Having worked in the trauma ICU at UofL, I am very happy to hear he is getting to go home. I've seen the results of similar accidents (from the above description) and am very glad he's going to make a recovery.

On a second point, I know it's redundant, but please be careful on Chenoweth Run. I used to race nationally but at points on that road, I'm rather frightened because: 1) the traffic is kinda wild sometimes and 2) the road itself is tricky. When I played, I didn't care for driving that way because of that. My whole point is to those of you who drive on CR Rd, be careful.

I'm glad Steve will be going home for Christmas! Best Xmas present for he and his family, I imagine!