PDA

View Full Version : weight

swasafix
11-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Just wanted to know from some of the pro golfers there opinion on disc weight. What is a good weight range to get better distance for a novice like myself. And maybe what disc they use for best distance.

PDGA#26039
11-14-2009, 06:10 PM
lighter discs are easier to throw further. people around here have been liking the r-pro boss in the lighter weights, like 160. I like the champion bosses, and prefer a heavier disc to withstand a little more torque.

Sweat
11-15-2009, 01:21 AM
Scott's right, as a new player if your looking for more distance than try some lighter disc like 160's. The R-pro bosses are light and they go pretty far.

swasafix
11-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks, I really do appreciate your input.

Sunspot
11-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Depending on where you are at in your game, the best thing to do when starting out is throw slower drivers (fairway drivers) in a lower weight. Slower drivers are more forgiving and can tell you a lot about your form. A disc like the cyclone in base plastic is a good starting point. Learn to shape lines with the cyclone and other slower discs like the roc. You may not see immediate results (then again you might) but in the long run it will pay off.

swasafix
11-20-2009, 10:26 PM
The two discs I seem to throw the farthest are an old beat up leapard like $9 brand new and a wolf. Unfortunatly I lost the wolf in the swamp at hole 4 just before the pond. It stuck to my finger and went way right :(
And thanks for the input