PDA

View Full Version : R-Pro BOSS

Terry Glass
10-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Wow! I ordered one of these from Prime Disc the other day and just got it today. Did I say wow? I've been throwing a Champion Boss 175g for about a year. Mean and predictable. I had some good experience with a Destroyer in the Pro plastic. So, I thought the Boss R-Pro would be something I would like. It proved to be true. The weight I got is 162g and it has speed and glide like I've never seen before. I was afraid to get anything in the 150 class.

Call me crazy, but I had the feeling throwing this disc that it was like throwing a very stable Styrofoam plate.

Of course I had to try it out for the first time on my home course, Buffalo. I crushed hole 4 with a turnover that ended up 100 feet into the private property to the right of the pin. Crushed both 8 and 9 fifty feet past the pin without throwing it as hard as I would normally throw any other disc. Parked 15 about 20 feet downhill. Parked 16 for a thirty foot putt.

The only drawback I can see is the damage that plastic will suffer. After one round I have one edge gouged and several scuffs. All plastics get beat to some extent. Right?

Anyone else love the R-Pro Boss?

mrjoshd
10-30-2009, 06:49 PM
I just haven't convinced myself to buy one because of the r-pro plastic. I did just order a 167 pro boss hoping it will be similar to those r-pros after a little beating in, we'll see if the durability is there or not. I just don't want to buy something that becomes a paper weight after a few trees.

illyB
10-30-2009, 07:13 PM
yep, hit a tree and it's a flip machine. I only throw it on open holes for that reason. It's seems less durable than dx.