2 Rounds of 18

Registration between 7:30 AM and 8:30 AM
8:30 Players Meeting
Tee off at 9:00 AM
45 Minutes Between Rounds For Lunch

All Pro's $20
AM's $10
Novice/Recreation $5

Directions click here (http://nicholasmurphy.com/discgolf/directions.html)
View Course Layout/Brochure Here (http://nicholasmurphy.com/discgolf/CSP_DG_Tournament_Brochure_Questionairre3.pdf)
(The brochure is a PDF file)

This temporary basket tournament is a ‘test run’ for the park management team to assess how well Disc Golf will interact with both their existing facilities; and perhaps other yet undeveloped areas of the park.” “Although this is not a PDGA sanctioned event, it is our hope that we will be able to implement at least one permanent course in the park over the course of time; so your attendance will be much appreciated!

If you are going to be at the tournament please click here (http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=23&day=2009-11-21) and rsvp. In the comment box put your name and the division your playing.

Click on the pictures below to view what the park looks like.

http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=441&albumid=8&dl=1256688041&thumb=1 (http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8)http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=448&albumid=8&dl=1256771563&thumb=1 (http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8)http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/picture.php?pictureid=446&albumid=8&dl=1256771421&thumb=1 (http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/album.php?albumid=8)

Terry Glass
10-28-2009, 06:35 PM
Count me in. It would be awesome to get a permanent course in there! :weee:

I would love to see a geographic layout of the course; even if its an approximation.

nick murphy
10-28-2009, 06:39 PM
Count me in. It would be awesome to get a permanent course in there! :weee:

I would love to see a geographic layout of the course; even if its an approximation.

You have to talk to Roger on that but I will have some pictures up of the area the course will be in.

G1nked
10-28-2009, 07:19 PM
At least two of my friends and I will be there for sure. Im going to start promoting it now that I have the details and hope to have many more but for sure. Where will the money go towards the new course development? I heard that there will be no players packs but I didnt know if it would pay out or not?

nick murphy
10-28-2009, 07:21 PM
At least two of my friends and I will be there for sure. Im going to start promoting it now that I have the details and hope to have many more but for sure. Where will the money go towards the new course development? I heard that there will be no players packs but I didnt know if it would pay out or not?

Everything will be 100% pay out. So everything that goes in will go back out. I'm not 100% sure on the player package deal yet but there might be one. Roger needs to reply to that one.

EddieBTrue
10-28-2009, 10:18 PM
All, Our first priority for this tournament is to show the park management that there is a great deal of interest in the sport. Having a full compliment of players/ (72 total) that covers as many age groups and both genders is optimal. We felt that the best way to get a great turnout would be to give back 100% of the tourney entrance fee's to the players who finish at the top of their respective divisions. With a state park there are more 'hoops' to jump through in order to get approval for a permanent course; however we have been working with park management since April on the matter; and permission to hold this tournament was an important first step. We have scouted the area where this tourney will be for both temporary and permanent courses; however the park has also shown us several other areas that might work for a permanent course. The Oak Shelter area for the temp course is very well kept; and is very beautiful. One of the sites proposed by the park for a permanent course is right on the Ohio which would make for a stunning venue! We will be mapping out the full temporary course over the next week; so we'll post a topographical map with tee/hole placement soon. TFPL! Roger/Eddie

G1nked
10-30-2009, 08:28 PM
well it looks like Its me versus Terry Glass, since nobody has replied, at least Terry will get second place!!

ruhrohraggy
10-30-2009, 09:19 PM
And you will be getting third if I play in it :P. All depends on whether or not I get to play in the Gold Vault Open the weekend before. I'd like to play, though.

lilfatguy
10-30-2009, 09:23 PM
im trying to rouund up the crew from here and Etown have to talk to eddie and butch but we'll hopefully make it all about new courses good job so far guys

EddieBTrue
10-31-2009, 08:29 PM
All, we have completed the initial course layout and tourney brochure. I believe Nick is going to have these items added to the post/calendar by early next week. The course will roughly be 5300 feet in length; and play at a par 57. There are at least 8 mando's; so you'll need to be able to make all the throws to do well. When you view the course layout, please keep in mind that any permanent course on this site will be considerably different; however even as it currently stands, it will be challenging. Also note that the park has suggested putting in a permanent course on a parcel of land right down on the Ohio for which EVERY hole would have a view of the river and Kentucky on the other side! The potential there is for one of the best courses anywhere; so a great show for the temporary basket tourney is very important. Thanks to one and all! Roger/Eddie

Airborne
11-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Keep in mind, we will need the use of at least 17 temp baskets. Roger already has mine.

Kao
11-01-2009, 10:01 PM
I requested off but don't know if I got it yet. I'll let you know when I find out.

Sweat
11-01-2009, 11:22 PM
If the weather isn't bad, then I plan on coming!

Adam
11-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Has the information about this tourney been posted on other club's websites like Lexington, Indy, Bowling Green, Cincy, Evansville? Spreading the word around the region could really help to get more people out.

G1nked
11-02-2009, 11:12 AM
I copied the information and directions to disc golf course review but as far as the club websites I dont know.

Kao
11-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Has the information about this tourney been posted on other club's websites like Lexington, Indy, Bowling Green, Cincy, Evansville? Spreading the word around the region could really help to get more people out.

I copied the information and directions to disc golf course review but as far as the club websites I dont know.

Good ideas!

DiscPilot
11-06-2009, 08:25 AM
I will be there. I am pretty sure I can get 2-4 other people to come with me that does not post on this site. I am recruiting all of the people I can.

Kao
11-08-2009, 10:07 AM
I requested off but don't know if I got it yet. I'll let you know when I find out.

I'm off and planning on being there.

G1nked
11-08-2009, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=DiscPilot;27825]I will be there. I am pretty sure I can get 2-4 other people to come with me that does not post on this site. I am recruiting all of the people I can.[/QUOTE
Thats awesome I know a couple big local pro names would draw people in like alway so I will just keep my fingers crossed. This planet could only benefit from one more local course so I am doing the same in recruiting and will more then likely have around 4 to 5 people.
With the low entry fees I cant see how players packs would fit in since its non sanctioned I know it hasnt been replyed to yet so regardless guaranteed fun times.

Kao
11-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Do we have an idea of how many people are planning to come and are they bringing any baskets? I have a non modified Instep portable that I can bring.

Adam
11-10-2009, 04:22 PM
I made an announcement at the Pumpkin Shootout at Mesker this weekend. Wouldn't be a bad idea to follow it up with a post on their forum so they can get the details (cost, time, location, etc.)

nick murphy
11-10-2009, 05:06 PM
I made an announcement at the Pumpkin Shootout at Mesker this weekend. Wouldn't be a bad idea to follow it up with a post on their forum so they can get the details (cost, time, location, etc.)

I'll get on this in a next few days. I've been feeling real sick the past few days.. and still feeling real bad.

EddieBTrue
11-11-2009, 10:56 PM
All,
I have a regular metallic temporary basket that belongs to Steve; so that's one; and, if need be, I have one that I made myself that has good chains even if the upper circumference is a couple of inches 'skinnier' (Just means you gotta make a tad better shot huh? :weee:).

Steve has said that there is some guy with the AllStars who can round up plenty of baskets; however I don't have any name or contact information; so if anybody can provide me with it, I'll be glad to make the call.

BTW, the 10 day weather.com forecast for Saturday November 21st is a high near 60. Boo-yah! Let's just continue to do our 'sun' dances! :-D

Thanks again to all for continuing to recruit players; and know, that even though it's only a temporary basket course, the layout will be quite challenging and the views very nice as the area is well maintained. T minus 10 days and counting!!! Sincerely, Eddie/Roger

Airborne
11-12-2009, 06:08 AM
JI have already talked to Eddie Whelan and will see him again this Sat. at the GVO. I will coordinate again with Eddie about the baskets.

doredd
11-12-2009, 09:12 PM
I'll come. It would be nice to have a course just ten minutes from the house.

nick murphy
11-13-2009, 05:26 PM
UPDATE:

If your going to be at the the tournament please click here (http://louisvillediscgolf.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=23&day=2009-11-21) and RSVP! Please put your name and the division your playing in. This will help us keep everything straight.

G1nked
11-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Nick the link says the RSVP is now closed and theres only 5 people.
I have a list of players which are all Recreational.
Shawn McGee
Roger Lawson
Darrell Marlet
Dakota Montgomery
Ronnie Miller
Cheryl Miller (maybe)
Ed Hamm (maybe)
Joe Elliot (maybe)
one more not named as of yet, which isnt any help but will update asap
all will be Recreational

nick murphy
11-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Nick the link says the RSVP is now closed and theres only 5 people.
I have a list of players which are all Recreational.
Shawn McGee
Roger Lawson
Darrell Marlet
Dakota Montgomery
Ronnie Miller
Cheryl Miller (maybe)
Ed Hamm (maybe)
Joe Elliot (maybe)
one more not named as of yet, which isnt any help but will update asap
all will be Recreational

Yeah I know when you register for the event your no longer able to register so it says that the registration for this event is closed.

ruhrohraggy
11-16-2009, 08:47 AM
I think I have the same problem as he is having. I would like to RSVP for this tournament, too, but the page says there are 3 people definitely going, one maybe, and one not, but at the bottom of the page it says "RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed."

I would like to play intermediate please.

nick murphy
11-16-2009, 03:43 PM
I think I have the same problem as he is having. I would like to RSVP for this tournament, too, but the page says there are 3 people definitely going, one maybe, and one not, but at the bottom of the page it says "RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed."

I would like to play intermediate please.

Sorry, I was mistaking I hit the wrong button the the RSVP thing. It should be good to go!

EddieBTrue
11-18-2009, 03:38 PM
All, I was away for a family emergency in upstate New York over the w/e; and just drove back last night, arriving at 6:30 am this morning (Boy am I tired!!!). My son was supposed to have written down Eddie Whelan's contact information; however I cannot find it; so here we are less than three days from tee off; and the only baskets I know of for a certainty are the two I have. As such, if you can bring a basket, please let me know (eddiebtrue@insightbb.com, or rslaten@ups.com); so we can get this lined out as quickly as possible. Thanks to one and all for your help! Sincerely, Eddie/Roger :bravo:

G1nked
11-19-2009, 03:57 PM
any updates yet?

Adam
11-19-2009, 04:04 PM
If you still need to get a hold of Eddie Whelan, try calling his store Rivertown Spirits at 270-422-2177, but hopefully you've got that worked out already.