PDA

View Full Version : Discaroo.......

Russ
09-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Thank you guys for removing the crap posted on here yesterday about a local player. Although I didn't get to see it I did have it read to me over the phone and that is ridiculous.
Now I just wanted to post my take on this since I was on the end of being screwed by 2 different people. More to warn people than anything. STAY AWAY FROM DISCAROO!!!!!!
First and foremost if any one involved in being scammed would do some research before listening to what the owners of discaroo tell you they would find out that they are being lied to by these people also.
Discaroo says that they will have you permanently banned from the PDGA. I spoke with several officials of the PDGA and they said and I quote " We are in no way affiliated with Discaroo.com and will not ban members or bring forth any sanctions against those players. Discaroo.com is their own entity and can handle their own issues."
Second they threaten that those who do not send discs will be charged with Mail fraud. I spoke with my local post office and was told that this would cost an arm and a leg to pursue. Not to mention that if nothing was ever sent from the person than mail fraud wasn't actually committed.
Third when I spoke repeatedly with the owners of Discaroo.com about my discs not being sent to me and them coming up with a better way to protect their members I was blown off. These 2 that own this site DO NOT care about you or the fact that people are getting ripped off in droves. They make up stuff to appease you and tell you lies to cover their butts.

I did however have good results out of 95% of the people I dealt with. I got rid of almost 60 discs and spent right at $100 shipping all of these discs. But to be screwed and than given the run around for nearly 2 months by the owners of the site and the people trying to screw me is enough to say that this is not a smart idea. Stay away from Discaroo!!!!

By the way I know that some people have had great results using this site. I did for the most part, but the crap I went through later was more than enough to outweigh the good.

Adam
09-29-2009, 01:23 PM
Discaroo says that they will have you permanently banned from the PDGA.

Discaroo says they will report scammers to the PDGA. I'm not sure what this will accomplish, but nowhere does it say they will ban scammers from the PDGA.
http://www.discaroo.com/faq.asp#14

Second they threaten that those who do not send discs will be charged with Mail fraud. I spoke with my local post office and was told that this would cost an arm and a leg to pursue. Not to mention that if nothing was ever sent from the person than mail fraud wasn't actually committed.

My guess is charging someone with mail fraud is a scare tactic. And I bet it sounds pretty scary to be on the receiving end of charges from the US government. So while it might not be something you can follow through on, it could very well scare the scammer into making things right.

You run the same risk on Discaroo as you do on Ebay or anywhere else online. Just because you had one bad experience doesn't mean you should be writting in all caps to stay away from discaroo.

I've conducted nearly 80 transactions on discaroo and have never been ripped off. I'm sorry you had a problem with it, but that doesn't mean it's unsafe and other should avoid it.

On the other hand, I guess there's nothing wrong with warning others.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/demotivators_2072_2654528

mrjoshd
09-29-2009, 01:35 PM
I've made a few transactions on there and I haven't had any problems yet. I make it a point to be able to get in contact with the people first before it takes place, and so far I haven't made any transaction without talking to anybody on the phone.

While it's a bit riskier I suppose, I do not purchase those discaroo dollars. By talking on the phone we've managed to work trades/purchases out without taking that step.

I've also had good luck so far trading from dgcoursereview.com.

Russ
09-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Well I thought I said that it was just a warning to others to be careful. I know Adam that you said you have had great luck with the site. I just really didn't like the way the owners acted when I contacted them on the phone. They were both incredibly nasty and acted like they could care less. Plus they were the ones who told me they were pursuing the PDGA ban. Than I talk with several People from the PDGA including Brian Graham and I was told by them they were getting tired of all the e-mail requests asking to ban members. So they were sending a pre written response back for each one that said they were not affiliated and would not ban anyone. As far as mail fraud goes, scare tactic or not, they are running a professional website and to blatantly lie to members does not make me very happy!

Hamilton
09-29-2009, 04:04 PM
i have traded a few times on discaroo...no probs...but it's no different than ebay...some people are just out there to screw other people over...

that being said, i pretty much only trade on dgcr.com