PDA

View Full Version : Dis-conformity Tournament @ Lebanon OCT. 17

Russ
09-22-2009, 01:38 PM
Thus far all I know is this will most likely be a B-Tier and the city of Lebanon has added $1500 in cash.
Jonathan will be getting you all other details soon!!!!
Keep your calendars open and plan to attend this tournament!!!

jeremy
09-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Good info. Here's an e-mail I got from the TD:

Rumors are true. October 17th. Lebanon tourism came through for us with some funding. We're working on the final details as far as getting sanctioned and all. Should be a good event. We'll have it up on the sites as soon as we have all the details hammered out.

Russ
09-22-2009, 04:54 PM
my bad, forgot to tell you talked with him on the phone this morning. I told him to contact Eddie about discs if he wanted to get them faster than going through the 2 companies.

chuck
09-22-2009, 10:26 PM
A little clarification, for the sake of it. As far as the PDGA is concerned, I will be the TD (since I am a certified TD). Jonathon is going to do all the actual work though, I'm on paper only, which will free me up to play! :)

thedrew3000
09-23-2009, 01:03 AM
Chuck, let me know all the info, the last tournament in Lebanon was great, so I would love to be there.

Russ
09-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Good Looking Chuck!!!!

chuck
09-23-2009, 06:24 PM
The tournament is now an officially PDGA sanctioned B Tier tournament!!! Unfortunately, the website link isn't working at the moment. I've already sent a message to the Tourism Director to check in to it, so it should be up soon! I'll post all the details as SOON as I have them, or maybe Jonathon will.

chuck
09-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Ok, here's the info on the tourney!!

4th Annual DIS-Conformity Tour

Saturday, October 17, 2009
Players Meeting at 8 A.M., play begins at 9.

This is a PDGA sanctioned B-Tier event. Registration fees are:
All Pro Divisions - $55
All Advanced Divisions - $45
Intermediate - $35
All Other Qualified Am Divisions - $25
All Junior Divisions - $20
As a sanctioned event, all non-current PDGA members will need to pay an additional $10 with their registration fees, except for any Junior Divisions.

Come for practice on Friday, October 16th and enjoy dinner at Family Night at 6 P.M. at Graham Memorial Park. The meal is included with your registration fee! Additional meals can be purchased for $5 each.

We are also toying with the thought of having a random draw doubles GLOW Tourney on Friday, but need to know if there will be enough interest to plan such an event.

The Hampton Inn of Lebanon (http://www.visitlebanonky.com/lodging/hotels.html) is once again serving as our Tournament Host Hotel! Be sure to ask for the special rate for Dis-Conformity Tour players!

Online registration is available through www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/dis-conformity.htm (http://www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/dis-conformity.htm)

This is a fund-raiser for a mission trip to Ireland for Abundant Life Assemblies of God Youth, sponsored by the Lebanon Tourism Commission.

For more information, you can call Jonathan Carey at 270-402-9011 or e-mail at jonathancarey@live.com. (jonathancarey@live.com)

jeremy
09-24-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm in:
Open
Jeremy Watts

Is the cash added rumor true?

I'll committ right now to donating a tenth of my cash winnings (if I win any cash) back to Abundant Life.

chuck
09-24-2009, 05:22 PM
There is $700 added to the pro purse for payouts.

Russ
09-25-2009, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=jeremy;27225]
Is the cash added rumor true?

See it wasn't a rumor! I know what I'm talking about!

Put me in Russell Gore
Open

jeremy
09-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Yeah...it is only half of what you stated but, there is cash added. Thanx for the early heads up on this one. I love the course. I'd play it if there was no cash added.

chuck
09-25-2009, 10:51 AM
There IS $1,500 added, but $700 of it is earmarked for payout to the pros. May end up being more, not sure yet.

jeremy
09-25-2009, 11:07 AM
There IS $1,500 added, but $700 of it is earmarked for payout to the pros. May end up being more, not sure yet.
Ahhhhhh...I see. Sorry...I'm a bit old school. Anytime I see "cash added" I automaticlly ASSUME it's to the Pro purse. It's awesome that you guys are always able to come up with so much to add to your events. It's nearly embarasing that it's so difficult in big city Louisville.

chuck
09-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Our Tourism Commission is working HARD to make Lebanon a place to come for many different reasons. The Tourism Commission is the group that BUILT the course here, so they are usually eager to help build and promote disc golf tournaments here as long as it helps promote tourism dollars. Hence, the host hotel, the plans for Friday night to try to encourage players to stay the night here, etc.

Russ
09-26-2009, 04:55 AM
Played there yesterday and had a blast (and lost one also)! Grass needs cut but with the amount of standing water in the fairways it may be a week or two before they can even think about that. Can't wait for the tournament!!!!!

chuck
09-26-2009, 11:56 PM
If you want to mail in your registration, you can mail it to:

Abundant Life Assemblies of God
ATTN: Jonathan Carey
549 N. Spalding Ave.
Lebanon, KY 40033
The website still has last year's info on it, but it should be updated early next week. Once it's updated, you should be able to register and pay online.

Russ
10-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Looking forward to this one!!! Just hope there are more Pro's going than myself and Jeremy. It would really suck to play in back to back tournaments with only one other person to play against. Come on Pro's get signed up!!!!

Also just in case Martin can't make it to this one I will handle the Bag Tags at this tournament!!!!

chuck
10-11-2009, 12:39 PM
Just hope there are more Pro's going than myself and Jeremy. It would really suck to play in back to back tournaments with only one other person to play against. Come on Pro's get signed up!!!!

Got an e-mail from Ellena that the check is in the mail. That means Eric will be here too! Keith can't make it though.

There seems to be some problem with the online sign-up, but I've got someone working on it.

If you plan on coming, but can't pay online, feel free to e-mail me or Jonathan with your name, PDGA number and division and I'll add you to the list. Just remember to PAY when you get here Friday or Saturday morning!!!

On that note, I would love to see as many here on Friday as possible! Should be great food (and it's INCLUDED in your registration) and a good time!!!

eric_g
10-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I saw the ad for this in the Pioneer News. Who's the oerson in the picture putting?

jamesmcc
10-12-2009, 12:42 AM
Hey Chuck put me down for adv. master #37592

chuck
10-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Will do, James!! Nice to know I'll have some competition (that will kick my butt)!!

Eric, the photo that you probably saw was an old one of Tim Foley putting on #1. Taken last year while the course was still being developed, I think.

By the way, I've been getting several calls, including some pros from Lexington (so see, they DO travel on occasion!!!), so it's starting to look like we may have a good turn out this year. Don't miss out!!!!!!

illyB
10-12-2009, 08:46 PM
any other am. 1 peeps out there? I'd like to do this one just don't see hardly anyone signed up. Maybe everyone is waiting till day of?

chuck
10-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Maybe everyone is waiting till day of?

That seems to be the case. I talked to Landon Williams yesterday on the course and he said he would be here playing Advanced. Also talked with a guy from Lexington on the phone and he said he was going to try to drum up some others to come too.

ruhrohraggy
10-13-2009, 09:57 AM
How many people do you have playing rec so far?

chuck
10-13-2009, 01:45 PM
At the moment, there are only two signed up for Rec, but that seems to be the one division above all the others that has a bounty of players sign up the day of. I told our Tourism Director (who commented in an e-mail to me to get the disc golfers moving and sign up early) that if he could figure out a way to get disc golfers to pre-register for their tournaments, he would be the hero of every TD out there!!! lol

ruhrohraggy
10-13-2009, 02:57 PM
If they could get rid of the silly 2 or 3 dollar charge for signing up online I bet they would get a lot more people to pre-register online. I have only played in 1 tournament myself, but I can tell you that until there is a way to sign up online for free I will be signing up via check in the mail or in person at the course. It should end up saving me lots of money in the long run, which means more tournaments!

I think I might be coming. Is this a pretty rec-friendly course? I play Iroquiois almost exclusively, but I have been itching to play some new courses ever since I watched the USDGC online.

jeremy
10-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Factor in the cost of your check, the cost of a stamp, the cost of an envelope, the ink you use to right your info with, and the paper you write your info on and you probably spending +/-$1 to mail in your info. So you're really only saving a dollar and some change per tourney and wasting paper in the process. I'm just sayin'...:)

PDGA#26039
10-13-2009, 10:54 PM
lebanon is on my radar this weekend. not digging that forecast though, not a fan of playing in the cold.

chuck
10-13-2009, 11:23 PM
lebanon is on my radar this weekend. not digging that forecast though, not a fan of playing in the cold.

Oh come on now! It isn't freezing yet, so it's not cold!!! lol

This is a course that anyone can play, and I cut my disc golf teeth on it. However, take it for granted and it can jump up and bite you! lol

illyB
10-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Scott please, not a fan of cold weather? USDGC got ya spoiled.
It's not like it's winter. Come on down with Martin and I and shred the course!
holla

PDGA#26039
10-14-2009, 10:57 AM
i guess you havn't seen the forecast for the saturday morning lows. i would like to play, we'll see if the forecast improves. not a fan of playing in the 30's though, call me crazy. won't have to worry about this if i move to cali.

martin
10-14-2009, 01:11 PM
for the online sign up and helping out the TD - why not charge say $5-$10 more if you register the day of - then the couple $$ online sign up fee will look far more appealing -

captain plastic
10-14-2009, 03:24 PM
I am with Scott on this one. If the weather looks good
I will be there. If it is not I will be home getting
Captain Krunkensteined!!!

ruhrohraggy
10-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Anyone from the Louisville area planning on going there for only the tournament day? I'd like to play in this but staying overnight is too expensive for me plus it would be helpful to split paying for gas if carpooling would be an option. I am right next to UL.

chuck
10-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Sam and Scott, they're only calling for a low of 38, which is ALMOST 40, so stop the complaining and come on out!!! I'll do all I can to make sure the rain stays away! lol

Good idea, Martin. Maybe we should start charging a little extra for day-of registration to cover the headaches of adding all the new registrations to the cards, TD report and Scoreporte! lol

thedrew3000
10-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey David, I have to work on Friday night, so I will have to head out the morning of the tournament (Sorry I have to miss the festivities the night before.) and I was looking for someone to carpool with too. Just PM me if you still want a ride.

PDGA#26039
10-14-2009, 06:47 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/USKY1068?from=36hr_topnav_golf

i hope its a beautiful day.

chuck
10-14-2009, 08:49 PM
A little rain won't hurt. I promise you won't melt!!!

ruhrohraggy
10-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Yuck. Golf index of 2 seems pretty bad.

Drew, there are a couple guys going down on Friday afternoon around 5-ish that said they might give me a ride and let me stay with them. That is, one of them said that and we are waiting to see if it's okay with the other guy. Plus I have to find out how much it will cost to stay in the hotel. I will let you know as soon as I hear from them.

thedrew3000
10-15-2009, 02:57 PM
Sounds great, just let me know when you find something out.

jeremy
10-15-2009, 03:08 PM
-David Reilly, #41339
You're not the Dave Reilly that used to play drums with me and Brian Roach are you?

ruhrohraggy
10-15-2009, 03:39 PM
I wish I knew how to play drums. So, sadly, no. You sure his name is spelled like that? Most people (not in my family) I've heard of with that name spell it wrong. :P

jeremy
10-15-2009, 03:45 PM
No...that's how he spells it. He was a GREAT drummer but I think he quit due to a problem with his knees and back. That's why I was shocked to see the name in disc golf.

chuck
10-15-2009, 06:55 PM
According to weather.com, the golf index for Saturday is now up to a 5!! No excuses anymore!!!!

PDGA#26039
10-16-2009, 09:37 AM
I'm officially out for this one. I have a big project I've already started back home, good luck to all and I hope the weather holds out for you. I hate missing this one and hope to make it out next year for sure!
Scott

captain plastic
10-16-2009, 12:32 PM
I am looking doubtful myself. Sorry but I picked
up a work shift. Looks like a ball golf Sunday for
the Captain.

ruhrohraggy
10-16-2009, 01:20 PM
well, as it turns out I am not going to be able to make it to the tournament at all. sorry drew. i will be at Iroquiois for the tournament next weekend though (on the 24th) since i live like 2 miles away

nick murphy
10-16-2009, 04:29 PM
My dad and I will be there tomorrow!

captain plastic
10-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Congrats to Martin on his first PDGA Open victory!!
Way to represent. You deserve it.

chuck
10-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Here's the results:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9636&year=2009&include_ratings=1#Open

All I can say is I DON'T like playing the the wind and my shoulder is KILLING me!!!

jamesmcc
10-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Way to go Martin !st Open win You deserve it man!!!!!

jeremy
10-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Yup! Congrats on your first win. Solid shooting in round two. My knees were quaking for you on that last put. I knew that if you hit it you won but I didn't think you knew.

Russ
10-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Congrats to Martin!!!! Wish I could have kept my nerves down and finished in the cash with you and Jeremy and Josh but instead I CHOKED! Glad you know how to handle the pressure!!!

and Congrats to 7 Time McCormick for beating Mike in a playoff!!!!!

Great Tournament Jonathan, I always love coming to Lebanon! Can't wait till next year!