PDA

View Full Version : SkillShot competition

J_VanOver
09-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Would anyone be interested in a SkillShot competition like what they do at the Worlds if I can set one up? DLG has offered his services to help with running one and I think it would be great way for players like myself to learn shots that we wouldn't normally practice or use because we don't know them or practice them. It would also be good for higher level players to compete with each other just for the bragging rights of having and knowing these shots.

The basics are that there is a basket in a field (or on a course) with multiple stations around it. At each station you are required to throw different shots with any disc that you choose. There is putts, stradle putts, rollers, backhand, sidearm all at different distances. Based on where the disc lands you get points. The person with the highest points wins. DLG has won this 3 of the 4 years that they have been doing it at the World's Championship.

You can go to the EDGE website to download the complete program guide for more information at http://edgediscgolf.org then click on resources and then the SkillShot link.

I was thinking that this would be a fun and challenging fundraiser or just a fun day throwing discs. If we want to get really serious we can sign up each person for $10 each with the official program so that you can earn awards if you finish with a high enough score in the division you compete in.

Let me know if you would be interested in something like this. If I set it up it will probably be late October or the beginning of November so there is plenty of time to polish up those skills. :smile:

ruhrohraggy
09-04-2009, 03:49 PM
I think it sounds like a lot of fun. I'm down. I kinda like the idea of not having to pay the ten bucks to do it though. I'm not really that interested in spending that money just to get a patch to put on my bag.

Kao
09-05-2009, 12:33 AM
I think this would be neat! I'm always up to learn new tricks and have been meaning to get more field practice in.

captain plastic
09-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Yes. Would be a great
tournament or club fundraiser.