PDA

View Full Version : you might not be but I am impressed

G1nked
08-25-2009, 02:11 AM
I know not too many people on here know me yet because I just found out about LDGC roughly a month or two ago and started playing just at the beginning of this summer well today at Buffalo Trace I had my best golf shot imo to date. I stay on hole #1 and practice and about an hour into it I threw a Innova DX Eagle and got with in 6 ft of the basket straight on. I know thats not great but it is the closest I have came to an Ace so far so I was pretty impressed. I hope some of you pros come out and show me how to do it for real one day but for now Im living in the moment! I did this stationary I been trying to learn grip and technique and then Ill try to incorporate footwork in afterwords. Thanks for letting me share this with the disc golf community, my other friends just dont understand!

John
08-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Good job.
There are many milestones that you will achieve and remember.
BTW, I love your avatar.

G1nked
08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks alot John I am legally blind so just to make sure you know im not poking fun at anyone with a visual impairment Its just my way of dealing with it!I love this sport and cant wait to finally get an Ace somewhere down the road.

Hamilton
08-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Nice shot man...maybe we can throw another round Saturday morning...

jamesmcc
08-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Keep up the good work and great things will happen

John
08-26-2009, 07:19 AM
Thanks alot John I am legally blind so just to make sure you know im not poking fun at anyone with a visual impairment Its just my way of dealing with it!I love this sport and cant wait to finally get an Ace somewhere down the road.

I knew you were blind. My son Dalton is blind also. He loves to play. He has 2 aces so far. He plays mostly by familiarity with the course(s) or if we are on a new course I will walk him to the basket prior to teeing off. If he gets disoriented or too far away from the basket I will ring the chains for him.
Some weekend we will try to get to Buffalo Trace and meet up with you.

Kao
08-26-2009, 10:34 AM
Consistency is key, keep chucking and good things will happen!

G1nked
08-26-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks guys and I would love to play with you and your son anytime. I did do it again yesterday and it was actually one or two feet closer then the day before then I got all excited and threw it to basket two way off....lol but i think i need a day or two break because I have played everyday for the last 5 and I think my lower back and arm needs a break. well maybe I can play later tonight and suck it up, i love this sport and cant imagine if it rains all weekend:nono:
Open invitation to Buffalo Trace please contact me and lets play when you all can make it up my way!