PDA

View Full Version : CV

Airborne
08-19-2009, 05:44 AM
I had a meeting with Jerry Brown and Mike Slaton Tuesday, and we covered a lot of ground. We are making good progress! The Parks Dept is going to order three new baskets, two new tee signs and some extra anchors for alternate pin placements. We are allowed to use the wood chips to mulch around the baskets, we want to place mulch about 3 ft. out from the pole on each hole. They are setting up some safety training for our members to use chain saws in the parks so we can work to clean up storm damage, etc. We have the kiosk materials, and already have the replacement basket for the damaged practice basket in the shed. We will begin work on the kiosk soon and hope to start installing 5 benches on the course this Sat. I have talked to Sam Rapp the maint. mgr and he assured us the grass will be cut for the tourny on or about the 1st of Sep. and they have given us permisssion to trim the areas we want with some volunteers with string trimmers to dress up the course. I also have a meeting set up with Parks to discuss the future of IQ. The LDGC will be working in conjunction with the Allstars Club to restructure IQ according to the plans for the parking lot expansion. The plan is for the LDGC to "adopt" CV while the Allstars will "adopt" IQ. I have had talks with John Allgier about the two clubs working together for the overall good of the sport. Progress is finally being made with our relations with the Parks Dept, and we need your help in nurturing that situation. I hope to allow individuals to "adopt" a single hole so that that person can take care of "his" hole like they do at Idelwilde and other courses. We will need about 6 people who can do some work this Sat. anybody not at E-town this weekend might consider a little work of installing benches and maybe spreading a little mulch. The boy scouts will have their guys there, so we can back them up. More info will be coming, but I think we are on new ground with the Parks Dept.

jeremy
08-20-2009, 11:51 AM
Great news Steve. Keep up the good work.

phalanx65
08-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I should be able to help Saturday. What time are you planning on starting?

Airborne
08-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Let's say about 10am, that sound good?

Airborne
08-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Correction, make that 9AM Sat for working at CV. WE will start installing the hardware for 5 new benches around the course. If you have a wheel barrow, bring it and you could start spreading some mulch around the baskets.

phalanx65
08-21-2009, 11:01 AM
I'll be there. I don't have a wheel barrow, but I can bring my son's wagon. What about shovels and/or rakes?

Airborne
08-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Great, bring them, I'd rather have 'em and not need 'em than need 'em and not have 'em.

Kao
08-21-2009, 05:28 PM
They cut the grass today! I won't be able to make it Saturday due to work. If anything carries over into Sunday I might be able to help then.

lilfatguy
08-21-2009, 07:56 PM
don't guess anyone will be playing E town tourny saturday:confused:

Bubby Hill
08-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey Brad, I hate to miss it buddy, but I'm hosting a 50th birthday party for my brother tomorrow. Please tell Johnny I'm sorry man. Tear 'em up dude!