PDA

View Full Version : Attempted stolen basket at cv hole 18

illyB
08-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I don't know what goes though a thieves brain, but why would you try to dig up a basket to steal? Are these people disc golfers? Can they not afford a practice basket? It's not like you can sell it easily. Is there a "black market" for stolen baskets? Whoever did this took some time attempted to dig it up. I hope they broke their back trying to get it out of there. These people or person are wastes of oxygen. End rant

Kao
08-08-2009, 08:00 PM
I don't understand it either. How big is the hole and was there any damage to the basket itself? Have the parks dept been notified yet?

phalanx65
08-08-2009, 09:38 PM
I think maybe it was a mowing accident and not a theft attempt. The pole is slightly bent and there is some red paint scrapes near the bottom. I know it was not like that Thursday afternoon and it was Friday, and they mowed Friday.

illyB
08-09-2009, 01:56 AM
I think maybe it was a mowing accident and not a theft attempt. The pole is slightly bent and there is some red paint scrapes near the bottom. I know it was not like that Thursday afternoon and it was Friday, and they mowed Friday.

that might be the case. It's just weird that it looks like it's dug up and ready to move. Sticking up a few inches. Hopefully it was an accident and not someone trying to steal it. I still and want to have hope for humanity

Russ
08-09-2009, 06:26 AM
No, it was the guy on the enclosed tractor mower. I was up there Friday evening talking to a guy who was there when it happened. He said the guy ripped it completely out of the ground and knocked over. The guy got out cursing about "these things need to go they are just in the way, and don't belong here". He picked it up, pushed some of the dirt back, stood the basket up and got back in the mower and drove off. That explains the Red paint because that mower is red. So it goes back to our worthless parks guys who instead of fixing it will leave it their until it does get stolen. It isn't even in the ground right now, it's just sitting on top of the dirt.
So now they will have to put in a work order, have 4 judges sign it and a year from now the basket might get fixed. That is as long as the guy let someone know that he hit it. Which I would be willing to bet he didn't. At any rate this is your tax dollars hard at work! We are just disc golfers why would they care about us? Those baskets are just a hassle to mow around.
Sorry to sound negative, but that is the second basket to get clobbered by a mower. How hard can it possibly be to mow around without hitting it? Makes me wonder what these guys vehicles look like? Do they drive through parking lots and cream cars and than drive off?