PDA

View Full Version : dying for a new course to play

PDGA#26039
08-03-2009, 05:25 PM
i'm so tired of playing our courses. :bang:

makes me want to move. :idea:

just felt like getting that off my chest.

{Playing Lemon Lake this weekend in the INDIANA STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS)

G1nked
08-03-2009, 05:39 PM
im going to Sarasota to play this weekend if your interested just hollar. then Tampa on the 13th http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=172
and
http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=1240

PDGA#26039
08-03-2009, 05:42 PM
already playing this coming weekend, then I'll be home, working until the CVO.
san diego tourney in late sept. (la mesa, ca.)
USDGC early oct. (rock hill, sc. )

captain plastic
08-03-2009, 09:22 PM
You haven't played Muldraugh in a while. You could also
play IQ backwards.
What about no OB's or mandos at CV. That is always fun.
Fun Farm?

PDGA#26039
08-03-2009, 10:42 PM
:bang: i was thinking of a muldraugh marathon day, maybe pack a picnic. followed up with hole 1 and hole 2 of fun farm over and over. then time in the swamp. :bang:

scottyb
08-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Or you can go to Old English... would keep your backhand roller tuned..

PDGA#26039
08-03-2009, 10:57 PM
i guess cincy isn't too far from me now, if we're talking 70 minutes and under drive time,
i do like english. not sure if there will be any tourneys there this season.

Daniel
08-04-2009, 08:47 AM
im going to Sarasota to play this weekend if your interested just hollar. then Tampa on the 13th http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=172
and
http://www.pdga.com/course-details?id=1240

If you play North Watertower, beware of the bums that camp out there. Bunch of crackheads have ruined that course. Used to be a nice, scenic course. Not now...

Lakeside is pretty cool, but beware of the water hazards. This is Florida. Keep in mind what's in the water around there... :Ahhhh:

Lakeside is my favorite, though. Haven't played the ball golf-turned disc golf course in Sarasota.

scottyb
08-04-2009, 09:02 AM
i guess cincy isn't too far from me now, if we're talking 70 minutes and under drive time,
i do like english. not sure if there will be any tourneys there this season.

Try out Patoka Lake then... theres a B tier there on Sept 12th..

PDGA#26039
08-04-2009, 09:44 AM
don't get me wrong though, i know there are dozens of good courses within a 100 mile radius.
i'm just really tired of out "local" courses.
just a phase i hope, if not, o well.
atmosphere means a lot. atmosphere really adds to buffalo trace and makes you feel good while you are there, unlike iq, which makes me feel unhealthy and depressed. i'd rather stay home than play iq. usually.
just my opinions, don't mean to sound negative, just in a course 'rut'

illyB
08-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Why don't you take a small break?

PDGA#26039
08-04-2009, 10:15 AM
big break coming after usdgc

captain plastic
08-04-2009, 10:27 AM
I am on a break. I threw a little last night and boy is
my arm sore. Doesn't take long to lose those muscles.

Daniel
08-04-2009, 12:26 PM
I would take a break each fall for several months to "refresh". It helped both my body and my game tremendously. Kept the burnout pretty low. Just my $0.02.

Keep up the good shootin', Scott!

PDGA#26039
08-04-2009, 01:06 PM
agreed.
i don't feel burnt out, just sick of the local courses
but a break will be in order after usdgc

G1nked
08-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks Daniel for the Florida info I did read elsewhere that bums are spread out around North Tower but I will have one caddy for me then and guide them to the nearest church for guidance. or just bring some McDonald french fries and throw em down in the parking lot and watch them all fight for them as a distraction :weee:

I will definitely keep an eye out on the water hazards i could you a new backpack and some boots so Florida Gators don't phase me unless they get a hold of my Orc or Monarch Scott hooked me up with then its on!

On more of a serious note what the Hell do you all do when it rains like Noah's Arch should be floating by anytime now? I am seriously going into a major depression after playing 4 to 5 times a week for 3 weeks now its like 2 in the last 10 days. any indoor courses???? didn't think so :cry:

J_VanOver
08-04-2009, 02:41 PM
Putting practice inside.

Putt at a couch if you don't have a portable basket or if you have a basement that you don't mind hanging something from the ceiling hang a blanket or heavy cloth and putt and throw into it. It's like a ball golf practice net. You can work on your technique even though you won't be able to see where the disc would fly.

You have to hang it about a foot from the wall. A blanket hung against a wall is just a slightly cushioned wall and that is probably worse than a tree.

PDGA#26039
08-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Putting practice inside.

Putt at a couch if you don't have a portable basket or if you have a basement that you don't mind hanging something from the ceiling hang a blanket or heavy cloth and putt and throw into it. It's like a ball golf practice net. You can work on your technique even though you won't be able to see where the disc would fly.

You have to hang it about a foot from the wall. A blanket hung against a wall is just a slightly cushioned wall and that is probably worse than a tree.

thats the best idea i've heard all day. i'm on it.

Sweat
08-09-2009, 11:39 PM
If you get a chance make it up to Miami oxford in Ohio and also Turtle Creek and Monroe. There about a half hour past Cincy and well worth the drive.