PDA

View Full Version : Live from Kansas City

Michael's Dad
07-27-2009, 11:01 PM
This is what a city dedicated to disc golf should look like. The courses are great, although at Rosedale Down Under there is hole to is scary to throw off. Another hole that is almost straight up, tomahawk is almost the only way to get up there! The courses even have lost disc return boxes! Of course the players pack was the shiz. 1 polo, 1 cotton, 1 dri fit, 1 ching bag, 1 discraft stalker, (Michael laughs and says he has stalker now! :lol: ), 1 Gateway apache, 1 ching power genesis, lightning #1 flyer 136g, 1 DGA aftershock, 3 mini's, 1 towel, coupons for free pizza, disc and tie-dye shirt from gateway among other coupons and of course more stickers than would fit on Nate's ego. :whistle: :lol:

G1nked
07-28-2009, 02:54 AM
Wow what a hookup! I hope you enjoy your time and dont decide to stay! Hell I dont even know what a players pak is but it sure sounds awesome.
you guys make it back to town and want to play Buffalo Trace sometime it would be an honor to tag along so hit me up Im waiting til sunrise so i can go again myself!

PDGA#26039
07-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I see that David WIggins Jr won the Amatuer Distance competition. 567 feet. He's 13 yrs old.

martin
07-28-2009, 11:01 AM
yeah disc golf worlds - great playing michael - a disc golf dream to play a weeklong tourney

missing this one but indiana 2010 for the next worlds

Michael's Dad
07-28-2009, 01:55 PM
No Toronados yet, but alot of rain this morning. Michael shot a 62 in the rainy, muddy, nasty hillside called Rosedale Down Under. I'm not yet sure what the other cards shot but Michael won his card by about 5 strokes he said. Talked with the PDGA President this morning about juniors and their sidearms. That was cool. I was witness to Tim Selinske playing what might have been his final Worlds. He took his DNF after two holes, but that counts. Well Swope is at three. And yes Wiggins is being called the next Climo. He is not playing in his division though.

J_VanOver
07-28-2009, 02:19 PM
Update as of 2:15

Greenwell in three way tie in GMs with a -5
Jim Ashton sitting at +1 in GM
Roady at +6 which is 12 back in Masters
Michael is sitting in the middle of his group at +8 and leader as +2. I'm guessing he is playing <13 Junior or <15 Junior. I'm not for sure. It is not the youngest group.

That's all the local people I could find.

Michael's Dad
07-28-2009, 08:23 PM
Well Swope sure ate Michael. He took a 68 only after the rain stopped. He was holding tough with Andrew until then. There is still 4 more rounds to play though. We have some video of a great putt uphill.

martin
07-28-2009, 09:18 PM
so many rds - so many shots - just take them one at a time - slow feet down - good playing michael

so different then a one day tourney - consistency is far more important then greatness

illyB
07-28-2009, 09:40 PM
man I'd love to be there. 2010 worlds though. Count me In. Good luck Michael and everyone else representing the 502.

Sweat
07-28-2009, 10:22 PM
Yep goodluckto all the locals out in KC, bring it on home baby. :bravo:

PDGA#26039
07-28-2009, 10:46 PM
man I'd love to be there. 2010 worlds though. Count me In. Good luck Michael and everyone else representing the 502.

I hear ya, killing me not being in KC.

Michael's Dad
07-29-2009, 09:54 AM
Day two and it is beautiful outside. Perfect day for disc golf. Michael plays Rosedale original today at 11. That is cool because Rosedale is similar to CV. The only problem I have had so far is that a 70 was recorded for Michaels score when he shot a 68. That doesn't leave room for a penalty shot explanation because the only strokes showing are the penalty strokes. Well Michael said it's time to go.

captain plastic
07-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Nicole Frazer is battling on the lead card in open women. I know she is not
local but does play most of our event.

Go Girl!

J_VanOver
07-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Links to Scores for those of you that are interested and don't know where to find them on the PDGA website.

Pro
http&#58;//www&#46;pdga&#46;com/tournament-results?TournID=8104&include_ratings=1

Am
http&#58;//www&#46;pdga&#46;com/tournament-results?TournID=8105&include_ratings=1

Michael's Dad
07-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Great news. Michaels is understanding the importance of needing to throw backhand. At the same time is showing other juniors the best way to throw sidearm. We stopped by the FLY MART laast night. Had a couple beers, the kids played a mini course they set up at the hotel. Michael played with the Swedish kids. Unfortunately, Daisy and I found out that they need to wear underwear if they won't wear belts. I am not a Catholic priest and don't like seeing the crack of a 14 year old boy. The free Roc line was long, yet it moved swiftly. Playing back to back rounds at Pleasant Hill today, hope that will be a pleasant experience. Oh, one last thing. Drink Bells Beer.