PDA

View Full Version : 21st Century Park & Disc Golf Petition!!!!

J_VanOver
07-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Please read all the way to the bottom. This is important!!! It could mean a new disc golf course.

I am starting this thread as a continuation from the IQ park thread:

http://www.louisvillediscgolf.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2826&start=45

I have sent an email to Council Heiner about putting a disc golf course at Willaim F Miles park. My first reply was:

Jason,

On behalf of CM Heiner, thank you for contacting our office with your suggestion. I will forward your email to Metro Parks to solicit their input concerning your suggestion of constructing a disc golf course at Miles Park.

In the meantime, feel to contact our office with additional questions or requests.

H. Stephen Ott
Legislative Assistant

Mr. Ott followed up with an email this morning:

Good morning Jason,

CM Heiner brought to my attention that the William F. Miles Park is now ran by 21st Century Parks. Therefore, I will be forwarding your email to their attention and response.

Sorry for the confusion.

SO
Legislative Assistant for
Councilman Hal Heiner

So I went onto the 21st Century Parks website, http://www.21cparks.org, and found this:

What Is It?

21st Century Parks plans to build a world-class integrated public parks system in eastern and southern Louisville, along Floyd's Fork Creek. The project is bordered by Shelbyville Road to the north and Bardstown Road to the south.

These magnificent expanses of green space will be connected by over 20 miles of continuous trails.

With a passionate commitment to superior design, 21st Century Parks hired Philadelphia's Wallace, Roberts and Todd to develop the master plan. WRT is an internationally acclaimed urban planning and landscape architecture firm with award-winning parks and open space projects throughout the world.

In the spirit of designing a truly public parks project, 21st Century Parks and WRT are soliciting input from people who know parks the best. Tell us what you would like to see at the Fork

The email link on that page does not work so you have to go to here http://www.21cparks.org/Form.php to send them an email.

J_VanOver
07-24-2009, 11:22 AM
I have already received a reply from Council Heiner Assistant Stephen Ott:

Jason,

I just wanted to let you know that we already had a response from 21st Century Parks. An excerpt follows:

"Thanks! Iíll pass this along to our planners. We have disc golf on the list of possible programming ideas for the Floyds Fork Greenway, although we have not made a final commitment to that, nor have we identified the best place,

This is good input, however, and thanks for passing it on."

Again, thank you for sharing your suggestion with our office and if we can be of further service, please don't hesitate to contact our office.

H. Stephen Ott
Legislative Assistan

Please send them an email. Feel free to copy what I sent and be sure to type out your name so they can get an idea of how many of us there are that wants course.

"Hello. Please consider installing a disc golf course as part of the Floyds Fork Greenway and the 21st Century park. Thank you."

jeremy
07-24-2009, 12:15 PM
Here's what I sent:

To Whom It May Concern,

Iím writing this in hope that you would consider disc golf in your planning for parks in Louisville, Kentucky. Disc Golf is a sport that all ages and genders can enjoy. Itís inexpensive to build and to play, itís low impact for the players, low impact on the environment and landscape, can co-exist with other park activities, and is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. The benefits of this sport being a part of our park system are many. Thank you for your consideration and feel free to ask me more about this exciting sport. Iím excited to see what the future holds.

Make a Great Day,

Jeremy

Kao
07-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Steve mentioned at the last meeting that 21st Century Parks had DG as one of their things to do but it was still in the very early stages. I hope this turns into an opportunity for multiple courses in the area! I will sign any petitions and send emails as well!

Sweat
07-24-2009, 10:44 PM
:bravo: :bravo: Good job Jason!!!!