PDA

View Full Version : Visiting in Aug, where to play?

Jeep98
07-21-2009, 03:31 PM
Coming out in August to see my sons Basic Training graduation. I will be staying near Fort Knox. I play Disc Golf in Humboldt County California. We have a handful of nice courses here. I am a beginner at it but have been playing with the kids this summer and having a great time and enjoying the game.

I will be in the Fort Knox area for 3 days and hope to be able to fit a session into my schedule. Any advice on what course would suit a beginner and is close to the Army base? It will be in the middle of the week. 8/19 to 8/21. Hopefully a less busy course not to far away. Is there a "must see" course? Any good disc shops nearby?

Any help would be appreciated.

noLowPuttsDave
07-21-2009, 03:36 PM
you've got Meade/Olin not too far from there, and then Radcliff City Park about 10 min. away from the base. but if you get the chance come to Louisville and play Charley Vettiner or head up across the state line to indiana and play buffalo trace or the fun farm... i think there is a liquor store down around that area that sells discs, can't remember the guys name that runs the place though, but he plays a lot

jeremy
07-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I live in the area. Feel free to shoot me a PM and we'll hook up for a round. There are three courses within 10 minutes from there.

G1nked
07-21-2009, 04:53 PM
yes I agree if you make it to indiana there is 3 courses around here that you would enjoy Buffalo Trace is real nice for beginners especially and as far as discs go look to contact illyB on here he is a disc saler and has a wide variety with great deals. I am a beginner as well and he hooked me up at this last tournament this past weekend and maybe he could do the same for you. Tell him Scott's Caddy sent you! Thank your son for his service to our country and god bless
8-)

Jeep98
07-21-2009, 08:04 PM
Checking my hotel location, I am will be only 1.7 miles from Radcliff. Description says 18 holes. So how is the course? Anything going on there 19-21 Aug?

Sweat
07-21-2009, 09:06 PM
RTS Liquors right down the road from Meade Olin park. Eddie Whelan is the owner and has a really huge selection of all types of disc.

Michael's Dad
07-21-2009, 09:20 PM
From the Green Triangle huh? You wouldn't be part of that 60% would you? :lol: