PDA

View Full Version : Off or On?

G1nked
07-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Ok guys let me know some of the inside tips and secret to surviving Mother Nature while enjoying my favorite new sport.
I have already spent 11 bucks on Benadryl anti itch lotion and would love to figure out what everyone uses or if its just me and misquotes draw to me like butter to bread. I have tried the long pants and long sleeve shirt route and lost 12 lbs yesterday so once again if there is something you never go into the woods without please share any good tips that may make learning more pleasant

illyB
07-14-2009, 09:27 PM
bug spray before playing if they like you. I must not taste good because bugs don't seem to mess with me. Poison ivy is my enemy though. Just know what it looks like and avoid those areas. It's pretty obvious once you can identify it. Make sure not to put your bag down in it either, the oil can spread to you days later. If you do think you got in it, take a cool shower afterwards to rinse off the oil, (it will keep your pores from opening up and spreading the rash). Technu is a great cleansing product to clean up with after you've been in contact with the ivy.
It's everywhere at Buffalo Trace.

Daniel
07-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Ok guys let me know some of the inside tips and secret to surviving Mother Nature while enjoying my favorite new sport.
I have already spent 11 bucks on Benadryl anti itch lotion and would love to figure out what everyone uses or if its just me and misquotes draw to me like butter to bread. I have tried the long pants and long sleeve shirt route and lost 12 lbs yesterday so once again if there is something you never go into the woods without please share any good tips that may make learning more pleasant

Off is a must. It will help. There are some new things that have a fan on them that you can clip to your bag to keep the mosquitos away. I use it for my son when we're outside and it works like a charm. It's only like $5 or so. Worth every penny.

One thought about poison ivy--the oil can and will stay on things for years. You must wash whatever the oil might be on to be rid of it. If you take a shower within 2 hours of being in contact with it, it will not affect you. I used to take showers immediately after a round and hardly ever had PI. (Keep in mind I am horribly allergic to it.)

The other, more obvious answer is to keep your shots on the fairways... :whistle:

My $0.02.