PDA

View Full Version : glad to have heard about this site today

G1nked
07-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Shawn and I am a legally blind disabled veteran that currently have just enough central vision to play and already I love this sport and have became instantly hooked, I am already nervous about what I will do this fall and winter when it's too cold to play. I like the combination of the fun, socializing and the exercise. I have played six times @ Buffalo and 36 baskets @ Iroquois and once at Gary Cavan Park here in Southern Indiana I no longer can drive due to my vision loss from my eye disease but I'm hooked so when i am able to arrange transportation I go to B.T. as often as possible. If possible I would love to play with anybody cool that goes to Buffalo Trace any day of the week. I hope to meet up and learn from some of you pros so hit me up if your heading to Buffalo Trace and have a extra seat sometime. I can play anytime with a brief notice so if you dont mind a noob tagging along hollar at me and hell I would even caddy just to watch someone that knows the sport and wouldnt mind the extra beginner. Thanks to whomever told me about this website this looks like heaven I hope to join up with L.D.G.C. asap
Im am also very interested in helping on the next work day at Buffalo Trace because I live in Greenville and thats the most convient location nearest to my home. Please let me know if I can be of any help at any time. I will continue to read the message boards and look forward to having fun in the LDGC

John
07-14-2009, 06:39 AM
Your gonna love this sport.
My son is mostly blind and really enjoys playing. He has no vision i his left eye and is only 20/400 with glasses in his right eye. He plays mostly by being familiar with the course layout Sometimes I need to go ahead of him to ring the chains for him. He recently got his second ace.
If you get a chance to make it to Freeman Lake give me a yell.

jeremy
07-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Hey...welcome aboard! Thank you so much for your service to our country. I look forward to shaking your hand some day.

Terry Glass
07-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Hi, Shawn. Buffalo Trace is my home course since I live in New Salisbury and consequently I do a lot of volunteer work for the disc golf course. I will be there today from 9 a.m. to about 4 or 5 p.m. doing some more work and playing a round in the afternoon. Come on out if you can and we will hook-up.

Kao
07-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Welcome aboard Shawn, you will fit right in with the rest of us addicts!

Hamilton
07-14-2009, 08:50 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Shawn and I am a legally blind disabled veteran that currently have just enough central vision to play and already I love this sport and have became instantly hooked, I am already nervous about what I will do this fall and winter when it's too cold to play. I like the combination of the fun, socializing and the exercise. I have played six times @ Buffalo and 36 baskets @ Iroquois and once at Gary Cavan Park here in Southern Indiana I no longer can drive due to my vision loss from my eye disease but I'm hooked so when i am able to arrange transportation I go to B.T. as often as possible. If possible I would love to play with anybody cool that goes to Buffalo Trace any day of the week. I hope to meet up and learn from some of you pros so hit me up if your heading to Buffalo Trace and have a extra seat sometime. I can play anytime with a brief notice so if you dont mind a noob tagging along hollar at me and hell I would even caddy just to watch someone that knows the sport and wouldnt mind the extra beginner. Thanks to whomever told me about this website this looks like heaven I hope to join up with L.D.G.C. asap
Im am also very interested in helping on the next work day at Buffalo Trace because I live in Greenville and thats the most convient location nearest to my home. Please let me know if I can be of any help at any time. I will continue to read the message boards and look forward to having fun in the LDGC

thank you for your service first of all, and welcome to the LDGC...look forward to meeting you, what is this nonsense about too cold to play in the fall and winter??

G1nked
07-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Well i was just having a anxiety attack but then I read further in and found out that Im set since Buffalo Trace has a polar bear league. Im ordering my sealskin coveralls now so I can have them broke in by Winter so I am good. I hope to get out tomorow to Buffalo Trace or a friend was mentioning trying out Fun Farm in Lanesville depending on the weather i guess. Thanks everyone for the hospitality
I look forward to meeting you as well

Airborne
07-15-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi Shawn! Steve Simpson, President of the LDGC. Welcome to our group, you are welcome to join the LDGC if you wish and become involved as much as you want to with all our activities. Also, as a veteran myself (82nd Abn. '74 to '78) I thank you for your service! :bravo:

G1nked
07-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Thank you very much for the welcome and for your service. I plan to do so in the near future and I will help out before hand if needed and I can arrange transportation. Buffalo Trace is so near me and by far the most enjoyable that I have had the chance to play so far. I played Fun Farm today and 13 and 14 was brutal because I forgot to bring my pack mule to get up and down those mini mountain sides. Ended up back at Buffalo Trace and shot a -1 under so I am getting in the practice just need to learn technique and consistency while staying positive and shooting negative.
I am hoping to find a ride to the Open Saturday to try and volunteer or help out so I will wait and keep my fingers crossed I can make it.