PDA

View Full Version : Number of Rounds for the Tournament

07-11-2009, 05:55 PM
A few people have said 27 holes was to much for the tournament so we wanted to get everyone feedback on how many holes you would like to see.

Basically we came up with this.

Two rounds of 27 holes
A round of 27 and a round of 19
Or 23 and 23.

We was thinking about having the 27 and 19 cause we would like to get feedback on the extra holes cause they can soon be permanent holes.

Adam
07-11-2009, 06:53 PM
We was thinking about having the 27 and 19 cause we would like to get feedback on the extra holes cause they can soon be permanent holes.
I agree Nick. I'd like to see at least one round of 27 so we can all discuss the extra holes. Two rounds of 27 would be great, but could be a problem if it gets real hot out.

On the other hand, with 27 holes we will have about 3 people per pad as long as there's less than 81 people there. Hopefully we can get some cold water out there if it's hot out. There aren't many places to lose discs on the course, just a little tall grass off the fairway in a few locations, so I imagine it will move along at a good pace.

Ironman
07-11-2009, 07:25 PM
I played the extra holes today with the bag taggers, although I had to leave early I did play all the extra holes.

I do think the extra holes are set up well.

It is my opinion that the extra holes will cause a log jam (of people) Expecially for the rec and novice.
The more advanced players will have little difficulty keeping there discs in play, but the newer/not so gifted players may find themselves in very deep rough/water. Which can make for a long day.

I support 27 and 19, and I support rec/novice playing shorter pads, expecially on the water hole.

These are only my opinions and may not reflect those of this broadcasting station or its affiliates.

PDGA#26039
07-11-2009, 07:29 PM
my 2 cents...

I played the full 27 today as well... 2 rounds of that would break some people down, especially if it's hot.

My proposal: 2 rounds of 25. :bravo: get rid of the last 2 "extra " holes. The last one is a gimmie and the 2nd to last one is a little congested through the fairways. Plus that area has a mosquito problem.

A short walk along the path and your back to hole 6.

Still plenty of holes, not quite as long of a day, no mosquitos, both rounds are the same number of holes.

scott rief

Terry Glass
07-11-2009, 10:24 PM
The first four alt. holes we have planned pro and rec. tees. The last four; everyone plays the same tee. That is if we choose to play 27 holes. I am kind of partial to the last two alt. holes in the woods since I personally cut trees and cleared weeds for three days. :fiddle: The first one in the woods I really like and yeah, the second one is a gimmie or transitional hole. I say if we are willing to play 25 what’s two more matter? As far the mosquitoes go, make sure to have some bug spray. The last two alt. holes make for a smoother transition back to hole six.

We need to make a decision by Monday, so I can finalize the alt. map, get the signs ready and put out the pads.

I vote for two rounds of 27. :bravo:

SDodson
07-12-2009, 09:33 AM
Im gonna go with 2 rounds of 27!

illyB
07-12-2009, 01:05 PM
the more the better as far as I'm concerned. Survival of the fittest

SubManPierce
07-14-2009, 02:15 AM
Two rounds of 27. . . . It's almost like the old school one dayers with 3 rounds of 18. . . Count me in!!!

scottyb
07-14-2009, 09:38 AM
2 rounds of 27 sounds good too me. Especially if the groups are smaller.