PDA

View Full Version : Progress at CV?

Airborne
07-09-2009, 10:38 PM
I had a meeting this evening with Mike Slaton, the new Volunteer Coordinator for the Parks Dept. Mickey and I submitted the materials list for the new Kiosk that will be built at CV. When the materials are delivered, I will call for a work day to work on the Kiosk and to help the scouts build the ramps for the bridges, and install some benches at about 3 holes for now. We have also submitted the order for two baskets and the replacement tee signs. I do believe that this will start a new spirit of cooperation with the Parks Dept. I really like Mike and feel that he will be working with us. I will also be submitting the names of those who have volunteered to pass the safety tng. to use power tools in the park. When that is done, we will be able to start clearing some of the debris from the fairways at CV and IQ. We again brought up the future changes coming for IQ. Until the city is sure of what they are going to do, we can't get any info on what has to changed our what other part of the Park we will be able to use. As soon as we get the plans layed out then we can plan our changes. Until then, we can hopefully start to clean up the mess in the near future. When your playing CV, try to pick up a little trash here and there, it all adds up to make a difference. The trash cans will be emptied soon, even if I have to do it myself. I will keep you informed on any upcoming changes! Stay positive! :Please: :bang: :lol:

Kao
07-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Sounds good to me, thanks for the update Steve!

Adam
07-10-2009, 11:43 AM
That's good news and some great progress in the right direction. We're ready to work whenever you're ready for us.

noLowPuttsDave
07-11-2009, 10:05 PM
glad to see that they got the dead skunk out of hole 5's creek after just 2 days of it sitting there, that really is fast progress haha

Airborne
07-11-2009, 11:19 PM
DLG and I went to CV today and spent about 6 hrs walking the whole course and did some maint. trimming and picked up a bunch of litter and generally tried to clean up the course. It really looks a lot better, all the trash cans have been emptied, and I am the one that moved the dead skunk a little further into the woods so it won't be so obvious. I would ask that if you are out playing a round and see some litter, please carry it to the nearest trash can. If we all would do that, it would really help to keep the course clean. We will be working on some benches and the ramps for the bridges soon. I hope to have a Grand Opening with the Mayor present as soon as the course is finally complete, to kick off the CVOpen. I will be touch with more info soon. :weee: