PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville Golf

J_VanOver
07-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Has anyone played any of the course in or around Jacksonville? I'm going next week and have a couple of days to play.

07-09-2009, 08:37 PM
We played a nice course when we was down there called Fore Palms its on a former ball golf course.

You can check it out http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=392 there.

captain plastic
07-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Fore Palms is in Atlantic Beach officially. It's close
to the Navy base. Make sure you check out
Hannah Park Disc Golf Course. It's real close to the
ocean. I think it's only nine holes but may have dual
tee pads. Hannah Park is an AWESOME park. A true
hidden gem in the Jacksonville area.

Tons of locals and most people are nice. My in-laws live
about two minutes from Fore Palms. Nice area.

J_VanOver
07-15-2009, 09:38 PM
OK. I will be coming home tomorrow but I wanted to let everyone know what Sammy has been getting to play since he has been married.

Both courses were a lot of fun. I brought three discs with me on vacation. Striker, Buzzz and Wizard

Sam is right Hannah park is a 9 hole course with multiple tee pads. I don't remember a hole over 250ft. My wife walked it with me on Sunday and I played it with the 3 discs. I could have left the Striker in the car although I did use for a couple of thumbers. I shot a +1 for 9 holes in about 45 minutes. My wife is pregnant so I didn't want to put her through the 2nd 9 in 90 degree weather. She took some pics of me playing so that was real cool. I highly recommend this course as the park also has a beach and riding trails that you have access to once you pay $3 to get in the park. Lots of covered picnic areas too. I almost had an ace, my wife was with me, we went shopping on Ammelia island, and it was a beautiful drive along the water to where we were staying in Pointe Vedra. Perfect day.

Four Palms was another really fun course. It is part of a regional park system that included a skate park, soccer fields, baseball/softball fields and some indoor buildings. They were having bingo and art classes for senior citizens on Tuesday when I played. This course is 24 holes. 18 regular and 3 extra on the front and 3 extra on the back. There is also multiple tees on all of the holes and according to the course map and tee signs they have the ability to move a lot of the baskets between two positions. I played the first two holes from the blues or back tees and then played the rest from the reds or front tees. I shot even (2 bogeys, 1 double and 4 birdies). There are two holes, 9 and 10, that are over a lake and the rest of the course is really good mixture that will test your shot abilities. This may be one of the most fair courses I have played that is neither righty or lefty dominate. I wish we had this park in Louisville.

One final note. I started playing four palms and lost my Striker on hole 2. Since I was by myself I searched for about a half hour and then another guy helped for about 10 minutes and we couldn't find it anywhere. I asked if there was a place to buy discs close because I didn't think I could play the course with just a mid and putter. Driver and putter maybe. :whistle: Any way, he said that there was a Walgreens that had a good selection of discs. So I left for Walgreens and a refill on my water. I got to the Walgreens that is probably a half mile from the park and walk in and the first end cap has discs. Not only is there discs but there were bags, Discjam, and some starter packs. But that's not all. Get this...They had not one, not two, not three, not four but five different compaines of discs. Yes that's right. A Walgreens had Innova, Discraft, Gateway, QuestAT and Lightning. AND it wasn't crappy discs. It was new stuff and good plastic. I bough a R-pro Boss and a first run Discraft Stalker. Both of those discs were released in the last few months. They had brand new discs from Gateway in their new plastic. It was incredible. Did I mention it was a WALGREENS!