PDA

View Full Version : Work Day Buffalo Trace July 12th

07-07-2009, 08:25 PM
We're going to have a work day at Buffalo Trace July 12th at 10:00 A.M. We're going to be clearing some of the temporary holes and spreading mulch around the baskets. We're not needing that many people only around 6 or 7.

All the tee pads will be done by Friday. Terry, Martin, and Larry poured another 3 holes today so we only have 4 more to pour.

Again I would like to thank everyone who has been coming out and helping us!

Terry Glass
07-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Here is the skinny on the progress. All holes have concrete up to 17, which is half done. The mixer broke today and I am taking it back tomorrow. :fiddle: We will need to hand mix half of 17 and all of 18 & 19. If anyone has a wheelbarrow, bring it out. I have one and the park has one. Shovels, rakes and hoes are needed too.

As far as the clearing goes, no need. It will already be done by Sunday. The mulch around the baskets will need to be done and that will definitely be on the priority list.

Have fun, play well! :weee:

07-12-2009, 08:35 PM
All 19 tee pads are in!

Terry Glass
07-13-2009, 08:26 AM
I would like to give a BIG thanks to everyone who came out and volunteered their time to help accomplish this goal. It would not have happened so quickly without the group effort of the LDGC. Now we can all enjoy some solid footing on the tees. :bravo:

jeremy
07-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Great work guys! Iím sure there are some idiots out there that would gripe that members of the LDGC worked on a course outside of Louisville. The bottom line is, more courses are good courses. If there is a park willing to allow us to do work there, even if itís NOT in Da-ville, someone should jump all over that. Iím thrilled that you guys took time out of your busy schedules to do this that. Canít wait to play it this weekend! See ya there!

G1nked
07-14-2009, 02:15 AM
I could be available to help with the mulch if I can arrange transportation I live right off Hwy 150 in Greenville which is like 4 or 5 miles from the park entrance. message me and I can give you a contact number. I just would like to help if I can