PDA

View Full Version : B'burg - Sun. morning, 1 disc man bullied into my spot

Original Frisbee
06-07-2009, 02:27 PM
At the Meade Olin Park in Brandenburg, Kentucky, I was throwing my dozen REGULAR Frisbees
between the swingset/slide area and up toward the hill on up near the perimeter road where there
(all of which has Frisbee disc golf posts anywhere), and the park was not closed for any tournaments.

One man (of a pair) of Frisbee golf disc players took his bag, and halfway up the hill where I was already
playing, placed his bag on the ground and said to the other man, "This looks like a good spot."

This caught me off guard as it was so blatant.

Here's what I wanted to say to this a-hole looking back, "No, it's NOT a good spot, unless you don't mind
me and/or my Frisbees crashing into you, as I'm STILL playing in this area."

The next time I am playing in that section of Meade Olin Park, but hopefully earlier in the day due
to the heat, I plan to stand my ground, and not walk around the throwing action of these two, too
shocked to form thoughts at the time to say what needs to be said, AND to defend my territory.

jeremy
06-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Welcome to the board.

I don't completely understand what happened but I hate that people were rude to you on the course. That sux! I think I've seen you out there tossing before. You're usually over by the jungle gym, throwing SORTA toward #1's pin. Usually at a tree or something. I don't understand why anyone would have came and teed off near you when we have tees designated for that. Seems like they would have at least said excuse me. Please don't let the actions of a few ruin your perspective of disc golfers. Next time I see you out there I'll be sure to say hey.

captain plastic
06-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Yeah what Jeremy said. Most disc golfers will go out of their way
to make someone feel comfortable.

Enjoy.

swasafix
06-08-2009, 11:39 AM
I concur, every body I have seen out on a course, especially brandenburg have been really cool to me.

localpro
06-08-2009, 06:24 PM
I was one of the people throwing disc in that area. The only reason is because all the other golfers were warming up by hole #1 for a league that is not a club function by the way. It is a public park & a public course. I was not aware we were invading any ones space. We welcome anyone who wants to play the opportunity. With the loss of other disc golf courses in the area I have already seen a spike in the amount of people on local courses. It's my tax dollars as well as any others so learn to share & quit your whining.

Sweat
06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
:D :D :D Butter

Original Frisbee
06-14-2009, 09:13 AM
It's my tax dollars as well as any others so learn to share & quit your whining.

You're one of the bullies, you jerk, and you tried to deflect by falsely turning it around on me!?
No, the lack of the sharing was never done by me, but by you and another person. Your
insincerity here is clear about it, you LIAR. It's my temporary section of the park. Cross it
with me there, and you'll wind up being my monkey.

"Get off my lawn!"

Hamilton
06-14-2009, 10:30 AM
WTF mate?

If you never said anything to them that you were playing on that area how can you get pissed about it? I bet if you'd asked nicely they would have moved...

georgetownian
06-14-2009, 10:57 PM
am i the only one that thinks this guy might be a few eggs short of a dozen? he's gonna make you his monkey? wtf???????????????????????????? not trying to be a "jerk" ...........just wondering what all that involves.