PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get a course in HODGENVILLE need help

ejank
05-21-2009, 01:30 AM
I am looking for avid discgolfers who love the sport and would know some good perks for a park to own a course.
the thing is im trying to bring the sport of dicgolf to Hodgenville. I'm trying to find a way to get a course set up in front of the Lincoln birth place.

John
05-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Try to get in contact with Butch Harbolt.

Airborne
05-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Go to the PDGA web site and you have ton of info avaliable to download. They have a lot of specific info on how to work towards a course or form a club. You can also phone the PDGA and tell them your plans and ask for packet of info they have to give potential sponsers and those trying to propose a course. It would also help to get a copy of the new marketing DVD to highlight your presentation. If any further help is needed you can contact me personally if you think I can help in any way. You need to set up a meeting with the head of the local Parks Dept and make your pitch to them. If you can, you can get some potential sponsers lined up to sponser holes on the course.

ejank
05-24-2009, 09:34 PM
Thanks guys i really appreciate the support, i love this sport. and i think that everyone should have a chance to play it at least once. thanks again and aceputt ill definitely try your idea of calling the PDGA and talking to the parks center.

J_VanOver
05-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Send a pm to Lyle McCoon. You can find is postings in out of town events. Since he works for the parks dept in Lexington he may be your best choice.