So who is all going to buy a Wii now :)

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3173854

captain plastic
04-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Let me be the first to say "oh yeah"
Great for the game

jeremy
04-21-2009, 10:11 PM
It's already teaching bad technique. Get that index finger off the front of the disc! :wink:

That's awesome though! I LOVE TWG! I'm so excited!

J_VanOver
04-22-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm not able to see the link because game sites are blocked at work but I have fun playing the beach disc golf game. Especially when it is raining outside. It was definitely worth the $20 I payed. That's just a little over what we sometimes pay for a disc.

Sunspot
06-10-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm excited about the exposure that DG will get from the game. I think this is a move in a positive direction.

mrjoshd
06-11-2009, 11:17 AM
I just picked up Tiger '10 yesterday. While the golf side of it is absolutely amazing with the Wii-Motion controller, the disc golf lacks quite a bit still. The only courses you can play are the golf courses included. Although you can hyzer, anny, and angle the shots in all directions, you never really have to.

Granted, it's still great exposure but it appears to just have been a little fun for the developers. It really doesn't bring that much more to the table than Big Beach Sports. The PDGA has been in the works making one for sometime and hopefully now that the Wii-Motion is out we'll see it released soon. From what I had read that was the only holdup. It's a Wii-Ware downloadable game but I know it's supposed to have courses like Idlewild on it.

ruhrohraggy
06-11-2009, 11:50 AM
That's awesome. I wonder if it's possible to throw much farther than 150 feet, though. Also, I bet if disc golf gets enough attention from this game that they might offer downloadable courses that are much more like a traditional disc golf course. Maybe we could start a petition or get in contact with EA about it and try to influence them to offer more courses...

mrjoshd
06-11-2009, 06:30 PM
The physics of the game are a little off. It's all in yardage, but a drive will tend to max out around 156 yards or somewhere close to 470 feet in all kinds of winds. You can only backhand, which is something that makes Beach Sports a little better because you can do backhand, sidearm, and tommy throws.

One of the features (which I never intend on using) is that you can use the Wii points to purchase swag for your character. I haven't heard or read anything about courses, but you'd assume that since you can purchase swag you can just as easily purchase a course. On those same lines though, I'd bet there's some sort of licensing issue with the PDGA or the States about doing that. One neat thing about the courses is that if you hook it up to the internet it pulls down that day's weather for that particular course.

If only these games included a course designer then you could let the masses take care of it themselves.

dustav
07-15-2009, 10:47 AM
The putting could be a bit harder. It seems like anything within 60 ft is a gimme. I wish real disc golf putting was that easy! I'd quit my job! :D