PDA

View Full Version : Rating Predictor

jeremy
04-20-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm sure some of you guys would love to have this. It's an Excel file that will pretty much tell you what your rating will be once you add your data. I've left my data in there for reference. If you have any questions feel free to ask. The instructions are in the file though. READ before you ask! :wink:

martin
04-20-2009, 11:23 AM
sweet jeremy

looks like a 11 point jump for me - rid of a poor 08 start - much better 09 beginning

do they ever drop more then one rd from your rating?

jeremy
04-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Here’s what the PDGA does:

First they take the “Average” of all of your rounds.

They then take the “Standard Deviation” of your rating (which will be conveniently figured by the excel file) and multiple that by 2.5 (“SD multiplier”).

That number is subtracted from your “Average” and that becomes your “Lower Boundary”.

Anything BELOW that “Lower Boundary” will NOT be used to calculate your rating.

So, using my rounds as an example, my “Lower Boundary” is 904. Any round I shoot below 904 will NOT count towards my rating. I think I've had up to about three or four dropped in the past.

You’ll find the “Average”, “Standard Deviation”, “SD Multiplier”, and “Lower Boundary” in the blue box on the right of the spread sheet. It will also tell you how many to “Double Count”.