PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Trace Open

04-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Buffalo Trace Open
PDGA Sanctioned C-tier Event

Saturday, July 18th, 2009
One day at Buffalo Trace Park in Palmyra, Indiana
2 Rounds of 23 or 27 Holes

Sign ups between 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM players meeting at 8:40 AM tee off at 9:00 AM

Lunch will be served in between the two rounds while food lasts. - Thanks to the Buffalo Trace Park Advisory Board.

First 50 Am Players will receive a players package.

We will be giving away Fade Gear Disc Golf Bags as prizes (Still coming up with divisions to give these out to).

There will be CTP's as well.

All divisions offered upon request and there is at least 4 people in that division. We will also offer Jr. Division if requested.

Pro Open Men $: 50.00
Pro Open Women $: 50.00
Pro Master Men $: 40.00
Advanced Men [935+] $: 30.00
Advanced Master Men $: 30.00
Intermediate Men [<935] $: 20.00
Recreational Men [<900] $: 20.00
Advanced Women [800+] $: 30.00
Intermediate Women [<800] $: 20.00
Recreational Women [<750] $: 20.00

Please add $10.00 on to the sign up if your not a PDGA member.

Online registration is available at this link http&#58;//www&#46;pdgasignup&#46;com/Qstore/Qstore&#46;cgi?CMD=011&PROD=1241093676

Current Lists of Sponsors
Buffalo Trace Advisory Board (Allowing us to have the tournament)
Fade Gear LLC (Donating Bags)
Prime Discs (CTP's)
DiscGolfersR.us
Poor Boy Discs ( $5 Gift Certificates Players Package)

More information will be coming soon!

04-07-2009, 07:11 PM
*Bump*

Updated information some.

Adam
04-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Sweet, I'm looking forward to it!

05-01-2009, 11:03 PM
Online registration is available now! Please see original post!

Sweat
05-01-2009, 11:43 PM
I have not played there probably since about 5 months ago, is the course still the same layout or has it been upgraded?

05-01-2009, 11:48 PM
I have not played there probably since about 5 months ago, is the course still the same layout or has it been upgraded?

The course is still the same layout but Terry has changed around a few tee's.

Terry Glass
05-04-2009, 10:56 PM
There have been four tee pad location changes. I cannot take all of the credit. Adam H. made some suggestions and I thought; why not.

Let me beak it down for ya.

Hole 5 tee was moved back about twenty feet and a bit to the right, which gives you a hyzer and anhyzer route. It is still a lucky hole, no matter how you slice it.

Hole 11 tee was moved back about forty feet and it really opened up both anhyzer and hyzer routes.

Hole 13 tee was moved forward about thirty feet and once again this opened up both the hyzer and anhyzer routes. (Not withstanding this hole has always been a Xitch and we have been trying new tee locations for the past three years, but I believe this is the final layout).

Hole 18 tee was moved forward about twenty feet and to the left. This puts the tee on a more level spot. Good luck with your 550 ft. drive.

On these holes the signs need to be updated and I am working on them, so donít take the currant distance as true. We will get everything ironed out in the next month.

Also, we are working with the park to get all of the long tees in concrete. The shorts will remain rubber mats.

05-04-2009, 11:12 PM
There have been four tee pad location changes. I cannot take all of the credit. Adam H. made some suggestions and I thought; why not.

Let me beak it down for ya.

Hole 5 tee was moved back about twenty feet and a bit to the right, which gives you a hyzer and anhyzer route. It is still a lucky hole, no matter how you slice it.

Hole 11 tee was moved back about forty feet and it really opened up both anhyzer and hyzer routes.

Hole 13 tee was moved forward about thirty feet and once again this opened up both the hyzer and anhyzer routes. (Not withstanding this hole has always been a Xitch and we have been trying new tee locations for the past three years, but I believe this is the final layout).

Hole 18 tee was moved forward about twenty feet and to the left. This puts the tee on a more level spot. Good luck with your 550 ft. drive.

On these holes the signs need to be updated and I am working on them, so donít take the currant distance as true. We will get everything ironed out in the next month.

Also, we are working with the park to get all of the long tees in concrete. The shorts will remain rubber mats.

Thanks for explaining that a little better then I did.

05-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Just bumping to say there is new information added.

05-15-2009, 06:32 PM
bump:

I've added a list of our current sponsors on the bottom.

06-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Updated Sponsors!

jamesmcc
06-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Hopefully we can get the t-pads in before the tourney.We did get a good jump on 9 of the holes Sunday :bravo: :bravo: 8-)

06-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Hopefully we can get the t-pads in before the tourney.We did get a good jump on 9 of the holes Sunday :bravo: :bravo: 8-)

I hope we can too! All I have to say its going to be sweet with these new tee pads!

NPope0002
06-19-2009, 01:01 PM
I've never played in a tournament before or been a pdga member, I want to play tomorrow with a friend in a similar situation as mine. Just wondering if that puts me in the Men's Rec division and if so are there any prizes or discs you get for winning that division. Also what is a Rec player likely to shoot at Buffalo Trace. On a good day playing, playing all par 3's, we usually shoot anywhere from 2-under to 5-over at Buffalo. Just curious because we would both like to get a feel for what tournament frolf is all about. And do we need to register online or can we sign up tomorrow morning when we get there? thanks

Adam
06-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Two down from the long pads is darn good. I don't think Buffalo Trace is the kind of course a Rec player will shoot under par at because the birdies can be really tough to come by. But there's nothing wrong with playing Rec your first tournament. If you play well and blow away the field, then you'll know to move up to Intermediate for your next tournament. Discs are awarded to those that finish in roughly the top half of their division.

I believe we're having another work day next Sunday the 28th at Buffalo Trace. We'll be pouring the concrete on 9 pads using the mixer hitched to the back of a tractor so the amount of physical labor will be pretty low. I'm sure we'll play a round of doubles out there like we did last time. You should come out and join us; we had a great time at our last work day. I know that sounds like a contradiction using "work day" and "great time" together, but two tractors did all the work for us.

06-19-2009, 06:05 PM
I've never played in a tournament before or been a pdga member, I want to play tomorrow with a friend in a similar situation as mine. Just wondering if that puts me in the Men's Rec division and if so are there any prizes or discs you get for winning that division. Also what is a Rec player likely to shoot at Buffalo Trace. On a good day playing, playing all par 3's, we usually shoot anywhere from 2-under to 5-over at Buffalo. Just curious because we would both like to get a feel for what tournament frolf is all about. And do we need to register online or can we sign up tomorrow morning when we get there? thanks

If I'm reading this correct are you thinking the tournament is tomorrow? If so it isn't until July 18th. There is a tournament tomorrow though at Meade/Olin Park in Brandenburg.

NPope0002
06-20-2009, 02:02 PM
yeah i definetely misread the dates for the tournament. I'm glad it isn't until July though because I have about 6 other guys I play with that want to come out and play in their first tournament at Buffalo. Hopefully we'll be able to get some practice in out there and make a decent showing on the 18th.

06-21-2009, 02:06 PM
yeah i definetely misread the dates for the tournament. I'm glad it isn't until July though because I have about 6 other guys I play with that want to come out and play in their first tournament at Buffalo. Hopefully we'll be able to get some practice in out there and make a decent showing on the 18th.

I hope to see ya out there! I hope you didn't make a trip out and we wasn't there.

benbobbins
07-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Hey everyone. I am also a beginner, but would like to be in the tourney just for experience. Will all of the holes be regarded as par 3s, regardless of size?

07-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey everyone. I am also a beginner, but would like to be in the tourney just for experience. Will all of the holes be regarded as par 3s, regardless of size?

Basically you want to finish with the fewest throws so yeah everything will be regarded as par 3 it makes it easier to add up everything too.

Adam
07-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Everything is usually counted as par 3 in a tournament to keep the math easy. But in reality, there's quite a few holes at Buffalo Trace where a 3 is a birdie or eagle for a beginner. There are divisions for players of all skill levels in the tournament so you'll be playing with other beginners.

07-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Thought I'll let everyone know there is a week and a day left until the tournament! The count down begins! Remember glow round Friday night be there!

07-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I've gotten a few calls about the preregistration and would like to say it closed Friday July 10th. But you can register the day of the tournament or preregister by sending a check to

Nicholas Murphy
1368 Country Club Rd.
Corydon, IN 47112

The check needs to be here before Thursday July 16th, 2009.

PDGA#26039
07-13-2009, 08:51 AM
forecast keeps getting better. 82 and sunny!

rbacoustix
07-13-2009, 01:15 PM
anyone interrested in playing a tune up round or two thursday around 12:00. If so I am willing to drive.

PDGA#26039
07-13-2009, 03:30 PM
forecast improves again: 79 degrees Saturday. :D :D :D 62 at night makes for good camping :D :D :D

07-13-2009, 07:23 PM
forecast improves again: 79 degrees Saturday. :D :D :D 62 at night makes for good camping :D :D :D

Yes sir! If it keeps this up I think the extra holes will be no problem!

rbacoustix
07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
will there be a novice devision? never played the course and kinda suck anyway. don't want to be over my head for my first tourny.

PDGA#26039
07-14-2009, 04:22 PM
holy cow. now the forecast says 76 degrees Satrurday :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Adam
07-14-2009, 05:00 PM
That's great news. I hope the awesome weather will make for a better turnout.

martin
07-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Friday Doubles - will be headed up by the Allstars Club

Time: 5:30

Cost $6.00 plus $1 ACE POOL

GLOW ROUND HELD LATER WHEN IT IS DARK

PDGA#26039
07-15-2009, 11:10 AM
new forecast: Saturday: 73 degrees and sunny 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :weee: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :b :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :Ahhhh: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jeremy
07-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Holy crap! That's a lot of smilies! I didn't even see the text at first.

07-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Holy crap! That's a lot of smilies! I didn't even see the text at first.

Your not even kidding I thought it was the attack of the smilies.

rbacoustix
07-16-2009, 04:44 PM
played the original 18 today. not bad. could not find the baskets for the extra holes.

martin
07-16-2009, 05:22 PM
thats because they weren't there - only temp -

07-16-2009, 05:38 PM
played the original 18 today. not bad. could not find the baskets for the extra holes.

The extra holes will be marked out Friday there will be no baskets until the day of the tournament though.

brokenstar
07-17-2009, 12:52 PM
I'll be there is i can get a spot reserved. i was suppose to go to Ft. Wayne this weekend but my ride left a little early. I'm wanting to play advance men

Landon Williams
PDGA: 26180

07-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Hey,

Spots are still open for the tournament.

PDGA#26039
07-25-2009, 06:49 PM
How many of the holes had 2 teepads?

G1nked
07-26-2009, 02:50 AM
Scott do you mean how many of the Holes at Buffalo Trace have 2 tee pads or just the added on holes for the tournament that day? I know most of them have 2 pads but only one of the two is concrete and If im not mistaken all the concrete tee pads are the long tee pads. let me know Im going out there to play tomorrow.

07-26-2009, 12:19 PM
How many of the holes had 2 teepads?

All the holes at buffalo trace has two teepads and on the temp holes all but the last 4 had shorts.

Terry Glass
07-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Hole 18 has one tee pad; all other holes have long and short.

07-27-2009, 05:37 PM
I forgot about that..

PDGA#26039
09-02-2009, 09:20 AM
which divisions did not play from the long tees in the buff trace tourney? i thought intermediate played shorts, looks like the ratings say they played longs though.

scottyb
09-02-2009, 10:15 AM
They (intermediates) played the longs.. I believe it was just the Recs that played the shorts.

Terry Glass
09-02-2009, 10:17 AM
That's right. Recs and women played shorts.

nick murphy
09-02-2009, 06:02 PM
That's right. Recs and women played shorts.

Like Terry said Recs and Women we're the only ones to play from the shorts. Intermediate and up played from the longs. I was expecting the ratings to go up a little bit more higher then they did but guess not...