PDA

View Full Version : New to the area.

Sunspot
03-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Hi all, I'll be moving to Louisville at the end of April and I was wondering if I could pick up a round or two with somebody once I get settled in.

jamesmcc
03-29-2009, 11:33 PM
Sure I'll be glad to I have most weekends free. 8-) :whistle:

Sunspot
03-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Cool, I'll hit you up before we move there.

jamesmcc
03-30-2009, 07:29 PM
SWEET :bravo: :weee:

Airborne
03-30-2009, 10:37 PM
Hey Sunspot, I would like to invite you to join our club when you move into town. We have a strong and growing group of Disc Golfers, and I'm sure you would fit right in. Hope you will consider being a member of our organization. Steve Simpson President LDGC :D

Sunspot
04-01-2009, 11:57 PM
I would love to join the club!

I guess it wouldn't hurt to share a little bit about myself.

I'm living in Texarkana, Ar. It's a border town of about 60,000. I'm surprise that Texarkana is not bigger than what it is. It's on the Texas and Arkansas border (hence the name), and it's not too far from Louisiana and Oklahoma. It's a good location for commerce and industry, but the job market is not very good. From what I've gathered, there have been times that larger industries have wanted to make Texarkana it's home but the plans fell through. I think it had something to do with the politics behind having a certain industries locate here vs. small business owners.

My family and I are moving to Louisville so I can attend Southern Seminary. I've been wanting to get my Master's for some time and now it's finally arrived :weee: I've been out of the study "loop" for a few years. I'll have to get back into the swing of things come next semester.

As far as disc golf is concerned, I've been playing DG for about 5 years and only started to get serious about getting better last year. I have gotten better by I still need a lot of improvement. Putting, especially.

Anyway, I'm excited about moving up to Louisville and meeting all types of different people.

Sunspot
05-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Well, we're here. If anyone wants to play a round or two give me a pm.

Sweat
05-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Just wanted to invite you out to Wed night leauge at Iroquois Park at 6:00 for draw doubles. It's $6 + a $1 for the ace pool. It would be a great place to come and meet many local players because there is always a really nice turnout.

Sunspot
05-07-2009, 08:17 PM
I'll try to come out some night. It depends if I'm working that night or not. I've been wanting to play/practice but the rain has put a damper on things.

danhal87
05-10-2009, 09:49 PM
If you want to play any of the southern Indiana courses you can send me a message and I'll meet you sometime at one of them.