PDA

View Full Version : Lebanon Open II, June 13, 2009

chuck
03-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Some preliminary information on this year's version of the Lebanon Open.

I'll be TDing this year's tournament (per David Greenwell's request) and I just wanted to fill you in on the preliminaries. We'll be getting this tournament sanctioned soon, so it will be on the schedule at the PDGA website.

The tournament this year will be a one day even, two rounds. It will be on Saturday, June 13th. Player's meeting will be at 8:30 and first round start at 9. There will be one hour between rounds, so plenty of time to catch a bite from one of the local restaurants if you so desire. I'll be posting information about rooms available or camping for anyone that want's to come on Friday for a few practice rounds.

This year's tournament is a little different. As I said, it's only a one-day event this year with two rounds. Obviously, this isn't the state USDGC qualifier as it was last year. There will be a minimum of $2,000 added to the prize pool and great players packs for all who enter.

David Greenwell has already announced that he will be here to defend his title. Who's going to be here to take it from him?

jeremy
03-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Nice! Sounds like a GREAT event. I'll be there.

jamesmcc
03-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Sign me up :whistle: 8-)

eric_g
03-21-2009, 03:09 AM
I'll be there.

chuck
04-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Ok, bringing you up to date. I'm now a certified TD thanks to the PDGA. The sanctioning papers have been sent in, so it should be showing up on the PDGA calendar soon.

Registration costs are $50 for all Pro divisions, $40 for all Advanced divisions, $30 for all Intermediate divisions and $25 for all other qualified Amateur divisions. There needs to be at least three participants to have a division on the day of the tourney. You can wait for the registration to appear on the PDGA website, or you can register now at the tournament website, www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgolf.htm (http://www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgolf.htm)

There are a few pros that have already indicated they're coming. This will be a great tournament for the amateurs too! Registration is open to the first 90 to register, so don't wait till the day of!

jeremy
04-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Darn...I'll be in California... :doh: I REALLY hate to miss this one.

eric_g
04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Aww...that's just too bad Jeremy. You need to learn that disc golf comes before anything else :wink:

jeremy
04-08-2009, 11:32 AM
Nah...my family will ALWAYS come first. One of my little sisters is graduating high school so I'm going out to celebrate with her.

chuck
04-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear that Jeremy! Would have been great to have you here!

chuck
04-28-2009, 05:06 PM
This is now officially a PDGA sanctioned B Tier event. The online registration at the PDGA website should be up and running before too long (at least I set it up, not just have to wait for them to get it posted), but you can register now at the tournament website: http://www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgold.htm

chuck
05-01-2009, 11:55 PM
The PDGA registration is now up and running (finally)! You can register there or at the official website http://www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgold.htm

LebDISC
05-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Sounds great Chuck, and I'll be able to play this year. Would the amatuer division be the place for me? Maybe we can get some more of our local guys out too. Thanks for putting it on. Let me know if you need me to help in any way.
Jonathan

PDGA#26039
05-12-2009, 01:19 AM
how is the course looking? is it being maintained/mowed? just curious, its getting close to tourney time and people will be coming soon to practice. hopefully the chiggers won't be as bad this year, if it's been mowed often.

chuck
05-12-2009, 07:22 PM
I've been getting on the park director for it, but the grass is pretty tall at the moment. I do understand his problem, it is VERY wet on the course, but I keep reminding him that people are coming to practice already, and it will only get worse as the tourney gets closer. Thanks Scott, you're the only one that has "officially" signed up so far this year! I know David is going to be here to defend, but until the money is put down, that's only a possibility!

chuck
05-14-2009, 12:32 AM
Forgot to mention one thing, but it should be obvious to most of us. This IS a PDGA sanctioned event, so if you're not a PDGA member, there will be an extra $10 charge to play. Of course, you could always join the PDGA at the tournament, we will have the forms there.

chuck
05-15-2009, 08:49 AM
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that the course FINALLY dried out enough to cut the grass!! Time to come out and sharpen your skills for the upcoming tournament! Only 4 weeks!!!

jeremy
05-15-2009, 09:04 AM
Man...it's killing me that I have to miss this one. Is there any chance you guys may put on another one day event later in the year?

chuck
05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
I'm sure we will, Jeremy. Sorry you're going to miss this one, though. I'm working hard with local businesses here to make sure it's a great one!!!

All you other guys (and gals) need to get pre-registered!!! I'm toying with the thought of only offering the t-shirts to those that are pre-registered to help cut costs. These will be good looking, high quality shirts with only the tournament logo on the front left (heart logo or whatever you want to call it) and nothing on the back! These shirts won't be full of advertisers like so many of them are!!

eric_g
05-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Is there an address to mail checks to?

chuck
05-18-2009, 01:32 PM
You can mail them directly to me, Eric. That goes for anyone else out there that doesn't like the online registration process. Don't forget, I'll also need your t-shirt size.

Send them to
Chuck Dulmage
PO Box 18
Lebanon KY 40033

You can make the checks out to either me or to Lebanon Disc Golf.

chuck
05-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Another update:

The Advanced Division will be competing for an Innova DISCathcer Traveler. The lower places in the division will be awarded the usual fare, but this will be a nice prize for the winner!

chuck
05-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Ok, another update:

I have 14 of the holes sponsored by local business already at $25 per hole, so that brings the cash added up to $2,350. Anyone out there that might want to sponsor a hole, PM me or just mail a check to the address above. The hole sponsors will have signs at the tee boxes and their name and logo listed on the website. If you have a website, then the site will link to yours. That will last for nearly a year, until the page is updated for next year's tournament! Need to do it quick, though! I need all business sponsors in by this Friday (June 5th) so I'll have time to get the signs made up.

Thus far, David Greenwell, Scott Rief, James McCormick, Stephen Lega, Ellena Gallusser and Lauren Yurt are the only ones registered. You MUST pre-register if you want one of the t-shirts!!! They look pretty sweet, so get signed up soon and reserve yours!!!!

Any juniors out there are welcome to come as well! I'm advertising hard to get the juniors out that play here! Any junior that signs up and is not a current PDGA member will have the $10 PDGA Non-Member fee paid by the tournament! They won't have to pay it!!

Register at the PDGA website, http://www.visitlebanonky.com or http://www.heartofkentucky.com. Both of those sites have a link in the upper left corner for the Lebanon Disc Golf Open.

martin
05-31-2009, 08:23 PM
i have been asked to remind everyone - they have fantastic shirts for lebanon - but you have to pre-register to get them - so sign up everyone

this is a one day tourney don't miss it

chuck
06-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Time is running out, folks!!!I've got t-shirts ordered, but can always add more if there's more pre-registered. Pre-registration ends Wednesday (June 10th) on both the PDGA website and the tournament website (www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgolf.htm (http://www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgolf.htm)). Hurry to guarantee your t-shirt!! I may have a few left over that will be given away as door prizes, but I wouldn't count on it!! I've received several phone calls the last couple of days from people saying they're bringing a car load with them, so the pre-registration may be picking up soon as well as a lot to register the day of the tournament! Be sure to reserve your spot today!!!!

chuck
06-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Time is running out to get pre-registered!!! Pre-registration closes Wednesday, June 10th, so only 5 days left!!

I've had LOTS of phone calls in the past week, so I fully expect this to be a VERY well attended event! Make sure you reserve your spot and claim your t-shirt!!

I would suggest registering through the local website now so the money is here before the tournament. The PDGA mailed out the check for registration today, so any other registrations through their site won't be mailed out until late this week and not make it in time for the tournament. Register at www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgolf.htm (http://www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgolf.htm)

jamesmcc
06-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Hey Chuck I am already reg. My son wants to play in rec. will there be reg. at the tourney 8-)

chuck
06-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Yes, there will be registration at the tournament. There's still a couple of days left to register online, though. That way he'll be guaranteed a t-shirt. My suggestion is doing it through the tourism site and not the PDGA so we actually have the money in hand for the tournament Saturday.

www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgolf.htm (http://www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgolf.htm)

Registration ends Wednesday night late, so hurry up everybody!!

chuck
06-09-2009, 06:13 PM
I've also got my hands on quite a collection of non-disc golf related items that will be given away as door prizes, including items from Maker's Mark, the Tourism and Convention Commission here in Lebanon (the one's responsible for making hits a $2,000+ added tournament) and several other places! You have to be present to win, but everyone that registers will be eligible for these prizes!

I also have a couple of items that ARE disc golf related and are DEFINITELY one of a kind (ok, two of a kind), sure to be collectors items! Again, you'll have to be here and registered for a chance to get your hands on one of these!

The phone is still ringing off the hook and more people are registering. Be sure to reserve your spot by end of day tomorrow (June 10th) and get your Lebanon Disc Golf Open t-shirt as well!!

http://www.visitlebanonky.com/festivals/discgolf.htm

chuck
06-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Pre-registration is now closed. 30 are fortunate enough to have guaranteed their receipt of a t-shirt from the tourney. I should have about 10 more to give away as part of the door prizes though.

Registration will be open the day of the tournament. I will probably be out there between 6 and 6:30 (or so), so any time after that you get there, you can get registered.

I've got guys coming from as far away as Hamilton, Ohio and Mesa, Arizona! (Ok, I think the last said individual is actually visiting here in the state and taking advantage of it!) Should be a GREAT tourney and I hope you ALL can make it!

captain plastic
06-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Good luck to all the Louisville locals.

chuck
06-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks to everyone that came out to play at the 2009 Lebanon Open!! The results are in:

http://www.pdga.com/tournament-results?TournID=9157

Congratulations to Will Schusterick on winning the Men's Pro Open title, beating out defending champion David Greenwell and to Meghan Foard for taking the Women's Open title over Sylvia Voakes!

A shout out to all the other division winners: Landon Williams in Advanced, Craig Fugate in Intermediate, Dan Smith in Rec, Ketley Johnson in Women's Rec and Ross Marenn in Novice.

Special thanks to Lyle McCoon and the guys from Lexington for helping me out at the last minute by sending the BDGA's Scorepointe so I had a board to use!!

Thanks again to the Lebanon Tourism and Convention Commission and all of our individual hole sponsors for helping make a great event! Hope everyone enjoyed it!!