PDA

View Full Version : Reports from 2009 Memorial

captain plastic
03-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Hello All!

Played Vista yesterday. Monster course. I only lost three discs yesterday.
In 2006 I lost 35 or so discs. Much better this year. Martin and I hung out
at Duke's Bar and Grill right on the course. Great west coast beer.

The top players put on a clinic last night at Los Olivos. Great times.
All players are upbeat about the current state of disc golf.

Ken Climo is riding out to Fountain Hills with us to practice that course today.
Hopefully he will give me a couple of pointers. I have already learned
tons.

Wish me luck everyone. My personal goals are
Vista Under 68
Fountain Hills under 60
Scott and Martin need to beat that by 10 strokes.
Loser sleeps on the couch!

Kao
03-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Have fun and good luck guys!

martin
03-05-2009, 09:50 AM
ITS GAME DAY

scott is off at 11:30, myself 12:50, and sam gets 1:46

beautiful day outside all ready

climo joined us yesterday for our foursome at the fountain - picturesque course - the course winds counterclockwise around the lake - so as you can guess everytime a righty throws a backhand the water might get in the way, water birds and old people watching your every shot - and a fountain in the center that shoots off one of the tallest sprays in the western hemisphere

very wet disc totals: sam 3, martin 4 + 2 surprises that got fished out only to be thrown back in, i think scott 1 and the champ stayed dry

hole #2 718 ft, water up the left - ob right and the hole winds down and around the lake - threw an xcalibur skip into the basket for a fairway ace - great way to finish fountain hills for the day

think the high today is about 77 sunny - looks like the first group of the day is coming up - 2009 disc golf off to a good start

Sweat
03-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Really cool stuff Martin! Nice shot in front of the Champ :bravo: I know it probably won't happen but get him to come up for the Vettiner Open. Goodluck to all you guys and I hope you all shoot under.