PDA

View Full Version : Stolen Baskets

jeremy
03-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Boy do I have some GREAT news! Yesterday the police went to a player’s home and recovered FOUR stolen baskets! They are now in our position and Eddie and I plan to reinstall them on a course in the NEAR future.

In the process of getting these baskets we got word of who stole some of the Muldraugh baskets. On that hunch I made a trip to Louisville and located a stolen basket in the back yard of a local player. I was able to take some pictures of them from a neighbor’s yard. If you know this person (and I KNOW that some of you who read THIS board do) I would suggest that you pass this message along to him and let him know that if he returns the baskets before next Monday I SWEAR that I will NOT get the police involved. If I haven’t seen the baskets by next Monday I will be contacting the police and turning over the evidence that I have to them. Tell this person NOT to be stupid and just ditch the baskets somewhere. As I said, I have pictures of the stolen property in their yard. That enough to issue a warrant. Just return the baskets BEFORE Monday (3/9/09).

Call me, (502)345-0342, and let me know when they’ve been dropped off at Muldraugh and I SWEAR to you that I will NOT involve the police. If you drop them off and someone else steals them before I’m aware of them being returned, that’s still over your head and I will still turn over the evidence. When you call me, leave a message if I don’t answer, and just say that the baskets have been returned and you’ll never hear from me again. I would suggest setting them on #18’s tee pad or something so that they are not easily seen for someone just driving by to steal again.

Daniel
03-03-2009, 12:05 PM
Wow, four baskets? Who on earth needs that many? Freaks.

Good for you, Jeremy. Just be careful when doing some PI work, as it could get dangerous... :shock:

jeremy
03-03-2009, 12:08 PM
I remained safe and legal. I just hope this person does the right thing.

The other guy we just busted is being charged with FOUR counts of position of stolen property. Each basket valued at $400. He's in trouble. I took some pics of his stuff before we called the cops too.

scottyb
03-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Great work, good too know these perps have finally been caught. More information on the person/person's involved would be great.

Kao
03-03-2009, 01:01 PM
Great news indeed, good work Jeremy!

Hamilton
03-03-2009, 01:41 PM
Great work Jeremy!

jeremy
03-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Great work, good too know these perps have finally been caught. More information on the person/person's involved would be great.
If they turn the baskets in I won't mention their names. If they DON'T hand them over, I will do my best to make sure everyone knows. I'll even put the pictures up online.

scottyb
03-03-2009, 02:31 PM
If they turn the baskets in I won't mention their names. If they DON'T hand them over, I will do my best to make sure everyone knows. I'll even put the pictures up online.

Yea, I was more interested in this guy.. 4 baskets.. come on!! I mean even 1 is bad enough but 4!! shesh. KARMA!

Yesterday the police went to a player’s home and recovered FOUR stolen baskets

jeremy
03-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Yeah, the guy that stole four is a local business owners nephew. Stealing over $1600 worth of equipment from a county park can get you put in a bit of trouble.

jamesmcc
03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
Great work Jeremy,those type of people need to be in trouble by the way its possesion not position. :bravo: :whistle:

bub hill7
03-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Good job Jeremy. It's so sad that you even have to waste one minute of your valuable pursuing such things.

themick
03-03-2009, 06:50 PM
i agree with bub that sucks that it took you personale having to play pi but great job. :bravo: :bravo: i hope the baskets are used to fix brandenburgh man i miss that place and im so anxious to see the new layout. great job :bravo:

Sweat
03-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Great job Magnum P Jeremy! Someone broke into my neighbors house a couple of weeks ago, do you think you could come out and investigate? :D

illyB
03-04-2009, 12:36 AM
that's so weak to steal a basket. Especially if they are a disc golfer. It's not like you could sell them easily and no one would ask where you got it. Not to mention holding back the growth of our sport. I don't get it? :x :x

BIGBILLGOLFGOD
03-04-2009, 12:58 PM
This is truly awesome news. Would love to know who these scumbags are, (OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!) I hope we get Muldraugh back soon. BIGBILLGOLFGOD

jeremy
03-05-2009, 11:07 AM
It's going to be a beautiful day! It would be a great day to load up some baskets in the back of your truck and return them to Muldraugh. I've been checking hole #1 and #18 everyday after work at about 5:00-5:30. I REALLY don't want to have to get the cops involved again, especially with some people that are getting pretty involved with the Louisville disc golf sence. I'd much rather you just bring the baskets back.

jeremy
03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Well, Julie walked out on our sidewalk this morning and said “Why is there a basket setting in our front yard?”

Thanx for returning the basket! I would normally say that have ZERO respect for a thief BUT you have gained a bit of my respect back for doing the right thing and bringing a basket back. That takes a big man to do that. Even if you did have to get cornered in order to do the right thing it was STILL the right thing to do and KUDOS for that. As promised…it’s over.

However, there ARE three more baskets out there. This has been the perfect example for the other thieves that your friends WILL rat you out. Do the right thing and bring all of them back. Don’t live with the paranoia of knowing that one day you’ll get busted. Plus you’re ruining the game for us. Muldraugh was pulled out of the ground because of this ignorant crap. It was individuals that installed that course not a club or a park so when you stole the baskets you’ll stole from them…from ME!

Again…THANK YOU for bringing the basket back and for gift wrapping it so pretty. :lol: It was taped better than it would have been had I ordered it straight from DGA. Hopefully this will be enough incentive to reinstall the course.

Daniel
03-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Just curious--how do you know who returned the basket? Was it like a xmas gift with a tag on it? Or...?

Adam
03-06-2009, 12:28 PM
:bravo:

That's excellent news! I'm glad your hard work is paying off and the thief did the right thing to avoid the consequences.

bink
03-06-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm confused, i thought they had 4 of the muldraugh baskets??

jeremy
03-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Just curious--how do you know who returned the basket? Was it like a xmas gift with a tag on it? Or...?
Yeah, it's a tough call. I have to assume that the one I recieved (which was wrapped up much like a Christmas present) was the one in question. If not the other guilty party is getting off scott free. Or if the one person had all four and only returned one. But, as I said, this sport is WAY too small and tight knit for people to get away with this type of garbage. They will be found out, or, if they care anything about the sport at all, they could just return the other baskets.

Sweat
03-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Anymore news on the baskets or the chumbs that stole them? We should line them up in a firing line and throw disc at that them!

lilfatguy
03-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Great job Jeremy and Eddie on the other baskets ...but you can bet that who ever stole the baskets hasn't put in any hard work on a course, thats what is really bad all the hours and out of pocket money from SOOOO many discgolfers and then these piece's of S**t come in and screw it up.I really hope that who ever has the other baskets that your game SUCKS as much as you do and please everytime you look in the mirror remember a thief is looking back again thanks forever thing you've done Jeremy ....LILFATGUY

iceman
03-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Jeremy, thank you for this post. However; I believe you are going about the basket's return in the wrong way. The perp needs to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law for this crime. This is grand-theft and needs to be fully noted to this perp's permanent criminal record. A county/city detective needed or needs to be contacted immediately. Wihout notice of your actions or intent. You now may never see the baskets again as your opportunity of surprise is now gone. Your photos of a basket may not be solid sufficient evidence in a civil court case without the baskets being found present in their possession at the time an officer responsed to our complaint to render a civil conviction. I wish the best for the return of the baskets, but regretfully, my gut says they are now long gone. As for the perp, I deserve to know who this person is. And I feel we as club members have a right to their identity. If anything this person deserves to be tarred, feathered and perhaps whipped along with any other civil penalties. A thief is a liar and a cheat. One who deserves to be shunned and ridiculed whenever seen. Regardless of how it makes me/use feel upon confrontation. It should not ever be forgotten. I believe in forgiveness, but it would take full reparation and then some to change my mind if this person is guilty of this crime.

Hopefull of the future and looking forward to it.

I remain sincere,

ed - dro

Hitchhiking Across The Galaxy

jeremy
03-15-2009, 12:19 AM
We got the one I was talking about back...it worked. It may not have worked if they had read this post before they dropped it off. It is NOT MY place, responsibility, or desire to ridicule, judge, or condemn.

Sweat
03-15-2009, 01:30 AM
only GOD can judge me- 2 PAC :Please:

eric_g
03-15-2009, 06:42 PM
So what about the other baskets?

jeremy
03-15-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't know who has them. I'm sure they'll get ratted out just like the last guy though.