PDA

View Full Version : Ice Storm

Adam
01-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I hope everyone weathered the storm ok without damage to homes, cars, etc. I know there's lot of people without power and I hope it either returns quickly or you have someone close by with power who you can visit.

I've got a ton of branches down in my yard, but thankfully no damage to the house. Branches were falling all night and kept waking me up they were so loud. The mess at my place isn't as bad as Ike, but it's close :doh:

illyB
01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
The 80 foot maple that was in my front yard is now on my wife's car :| Barely missed my house (almost wish it would have hit it). Gonna be a pain in the a$$ to get it cleaned up. Weak Sauce!!

J_VanOver
01-28-2009, 02:12 PM
Billy I thought you would be out scraping ice/snow. Doesn't all landscapers freelance as snow/ice removal during the winter time?

Adam
01-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about the car Billy. Thankfully there's insurance for that and most importantly, you two are fine.

Daniel
01-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Anyone know of a good tree removal service? Recommendations? I've got one down and one more that may need to be removed...

Kao
01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Sorry about the car Billy!

There is a nice sized branch that snapped off of the tree in the yard behind us. It is sitting in the tree tops and hasn't fell yet. If it does fall it will most likely take out the fence. I have heard alot of big branches falling since the ice started lastnight. We currently have power but it has gone out and kicked back on a few times.

Hamilton
01-28-2009, 10:29 PM
my in-laws had a pear tree in their backyard that split down the middle, both sides fell on fence/power lines, leaving just a 4 foot tall stump...i need to post a couple of pics up, it looked crazy...

noLowPuttsDave
01-29-2009, 01:31 PM
I took a walk the other night and the sky looked like fireworks, all the transformers blowing up, it was wild. I drove through St. Regis Park, yesterday and those homes were hit hard. trees down everywhere on houses, cars, etc. they are saying people in hte hikes point area are looking at 3-4 days w/o power. Mine came back on last night around midnight so we got lucky. hope every one is staying warm though

themick
01-30-2009, 12:26 AM
valley station was pretty much wiped out it took days just to get out of my house

Hamilton
01-30-2009, 10:33 AM
they told my in-laws 7-10 days before they get power back..

noLowPuttsDave
01-30-2009, 02:30 PM
anybody know if there has been any damage at any of hte local parks? i bet hole 12 at vettiner is a bitch to play right now lol

Hamilton
01-30-2009, 04:52 PM
anybody know if there has been any damage at any of hte local parks? i bet hole 12 at vettiner is a bitch to play right now lol

here is the report from Vettiner:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2612 (http://www.louisvillediscgolf.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2612)

GetEmWet
01-30-2009, 11:52 PM
I own Blades Lawn Care and tree removal is apart of our services. If anyone needs or knows anyone who needs tree limbs/branches or entire trees removed I can take care of them. Give Nate Hartlage a call at 502-594-4021.

illyB
01-31-2009, 12:21 PM
Nate I've been doing some of that too. Do you have a big chipper or just haul it away?

J_VanOver
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
If anyone has some wood that they are wanting to give away that can be used as firewood let me know. I will come and get it.

GetEmWet
02-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Billy--I have a friend that will chip for me. Usually I haul debris to Valley Sanitation. Fortunately one of the employees play disc golf!!!! Cheap Cheap deals :weee:

Jason--I will have some soon. Save me the dump fee.

Goatman
02-03-2009, 01:48 PM
7 days without electric, 5 without water, and 4 without phone. Cub Run looks like a war zone with trees and lines down everywhere. The Goat Path has been "redesigned" by mother nature. It may take several days just to cut all the trees on #1 green and find the basket. MOST of the field holes are OK, but everything else is going to take months to clear. However, it will be much easier to play :cry: