PDA

View Full Version : LDGC

Airborne
01-10-2009, 06:28 PM
I have been doing some thinking, and I thought it might be a good time to express some of my thoughts. I believe that the LDGC has reached a turning point. We are on the verge of running the first A Tier tournament in the history of the LDGC. The question I have is , are we ready? I guess it's my old Army training, I am always looking ahead trying to avoid any unseen pitfalls. Are YOU, the members of the LDGC ready? When I was first SELECTED for this position, I asked if you wanted to be a smalltime, fun club or did you want to try to elevate the club to a new level. I was led to believe that we wanted to go higher as a club than we have done before. Well, we are at that point. However, I don't feel that we have the commitment to pull together as an organization to "Get-R-Done". I see too many people that want to play in tournaments and not work to help run them. We need more TD's, we need more members because numbers is what the "bean counters" look at when it comes time to spread the money around. That's why I thought the members of this site could serve as sponsers of the CVO. As the economy gets tighter, it's going to take some effort to get ourselves noticed. The more members we have, the better it is for all of us. By that I mean we all need to pull together, this applys to other clubs in the area as well. I would be willing to pay the dues for any club in the region, just so they could claim more members in a show of strength to their local officials. I would hope to have 30 to 40 people show up at a club meeting. There is so many things that I would like to implement, but we don't have the numbers to support it. If half the people that do all the complaining would show up for the meetings, we would double the attendance. I want this club to grow, I want the sport to grow, I want the LDGC to be the best in the country, but it won't happen without dedicated members that are willing to trust their elected officers and dedicate a little time to further our common goal. I'm not in this position to make a name for myself and God knows I won't make any money at it. I agreed to take this job because I truly love the sport of Disc Golf, I have a long history with the Louisville Club in one form or another. My dream is to hold a Worlds Championships in this local area. it will never happen without a lot more positive players out there willing to sacrifice a little time and effort for the cause. I thank everyone who has put forth the effort in the last couple of years, that have stepped up and have made an impact on our club and the sport, but we need more. I know this sounds like a rant, but I hunger for the same thing most of you do, more courses and a greater public awareness of our sport. None of this can happen without the combined efforts of us all. Petty backstabbing and bickering only holds us back. Rik Downs and I started the old Louisville Frisbee disc Club in 1979. I only want to see the modern version grow and succeed. Will you come along and grow with us?

Sweat
01-11-2009, 01:50 AM
United we stand, divided we fall! So true! Steve i love the enlightment u have for all of us and hopefully we all love the sport enough to take it serious enough to put all things aside and bring the effort and time it will take to have success! We all play a part no matter how Big or Small!