PDA

View Full Version : pay to play course in louisville, outside of Fern Creek.

noLowPuttsDave
12-20-2008, 02:00 AM
Glenmary Country Clubs golf pro, Jack Ridge, approached me the other day about creating a 9-18 hole dg course on extra land that they have, I ran into Russ for the first time to day drivin down the road on the way to work and he acted like he was tickled to death about it, hopefully others will be too, but to get it going there will need to be a lot of support in showing that this is something people want in louisville, there was also mention of running a dg pro shop out of extra room that the pro shop doesn't use....comments? questions?

captain plastic
12-20-2008, 09:02 AM
Get a hold of Steve Simpson and Dave Greenwell ASAP. This is
exactly what we need!! Way to go Dave. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Hamilton
12-20-2008, 10:01 AM
this would be awesome, as long as they can keep the green fee low...

Kao
12-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Do what Sammy said! This would be so awesome, it's what we need here. I live in Fern Creek and would consider getting a yearly pass if it was offered. The more courses the better in my opinion! fingers crossed :D

beebs
12-22-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm always open to a new course. More courses would be awesome. I also like the idea of having a pro shop for DG. That is something Louisville lacks.

noLowPuttsDave
12-22-2008, 08:51 PM
yeah I think it would be a great thing too, he said something to me sunday that he wants to have a tournament at another one of his country clubs in e-town at Pine Valley CC, he's got lodging for cheap and a killer bar at three putt willy's. he wants to make it huge i explained to him how tournaments work and how the if he tried to hold an A-tier with a good TD like Jeremy or others with a good pay out would attract a lot of people. Jack left town for two weeks to go to Florida to visit family but after the new year we will all set up a meeting with him at Glenmary and talk about what the LDGC,Louisville and disc golf in general are looking for and need, explain that it takes a lot of commitment and time and energy to start something like this and that people are willing to volunteer and help to get the show on the road. I'll keep an update with date and time of the meeting when it is set up, once it's set up, I'll make sure to have some appetizers and the bar at the Club set up so that we can have a get together before,during and afterwards. I expect a great time and hopefully a great gathering of people to show support for ( even though I am not a member of yet) the LDGC the PDGA and disc golf in general.

captain plastic
12-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Great job Dave! I hope something can come of this.

eric_g
01-08-2009, 01:55 PM
So is it for sure whether or not there is going to be a course here yet? If so, could it be a possibility to use it in the CVO? It is a little closer to Vettiner. Just a thought.