11-28-2008, 02:10 PM
on Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:25 am

ANGEL TREE TOURNAMENT
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 29TH @ IROQUOIS PARK
PLAYERS MEETING 9:05 AM
TEE OFF 9:30 AM
COST $10 PER PERSON
1 ROUND RANDOM DRAW DOUBLES
PAYOUTS WILL BE BASED UPON HOW MANY SHOW. ALL $10 GOES TOWARDS PAYOUT!
1 ANGEL TREE = 10 MULLIGANS

IF YOU BRING AN ANGEL TREE GIFT YOU WILL RECEIVE 10 MULLIGANS. ONLY ONE PER PERSON.
IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN AND WITH THE ECONOMY IN THE DUMPS, I'M PRETTY SURE THAT WE COULD HELP SOME PEOPLE OUT IN THESE HARD TIMES. SO COME OUT AND GET WARMED UP FOR THE TAG TOURNAMENT THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND AND HELP A NEEDY FAMILY!!!!

Starting Friday, November 23rd, visit one of the locations below........
You will find Angel Trees at the following locations:

* Mall St. Matthews
* Jefferson Mall
* Oxmoor Center
* Green Tree Mall
* Wal-Mart in Corydon

You can also help by providing Christmas dinner for these local Angel Tree families. Starting Saturday, November, 24th, visit any area Kroger store and look for a paper "food angel"
on the tree at the customer service desk. They will scan the paper angel at the checkout line and include your $25 donation for food for an Angel Tree family.

AS AN ADDED BONUS I WILL EXCEPT 10 CAN GOODS OR A $10 DONATION IN EXCHANGE FOR THE ANGEL TREE. ANY OF THESE 3 OPTIONS WILL GET YOU 10 MULLIGANS!!!!! SO COME OUT AND SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE. THERE ARE SEVERAL 1000 MORE PEOPLE NEEDING HELP THIS YEAR, LET'S SHOW THEM THAT THE LDGC CARES!!!!!

captain plastic
11-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Nice job Russ. I will do my best to be there.
In these hard times giving is even more important.

iceman
11-29-2008, 01:45 AM
steve the donation ought to be what: money, storebought, handmade, etc

might see you there. if not have a good round.

drive long, putt straight and leave a good looking scorecard.

ed - dro

over-n-out

Russ
11-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks again to the 3 whole people that decided to show up besides myself :bravo: Thank you James Zimmerman, Mike Sheppers and jerry Collis :bravo: Between the 4 of us we will be giving 2 families a Grocery Angel tree, several can goods and a toy for both a boy and a girl.
The scores were Mike / Russ 40
Jerry / James 44

This will most likely be the last event I run :( . This is the second event in a row that I have offered to do and No one seems to care :( So from now on when NO ONE STEPS UP to run events, I guess you'll know why :( Thanks for your support LDGC..........

Airborne
11-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Russ, I would have come down but I had to meet a newspaper reporter with DLG this AM concerning a story she is doing about DG. Don't take it personal, it is just a bad time of year with cold weather and Thanksgiving weekend. You get an A for the effort from me. :bravo: :bravo:

Russ
11-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the encouragement Steve. Just really sucks to only see 3 people. I kinda figured that you were busy, your at almost every event.

bink
11-29-2008, 05:32 PM
hang in there russ and dont take it personal. i give you an A++. and you did help 2 familes.

jeremy
11-29-2008, 06:07 PM
Yup! I think it was a good idea. It's tough to get people away from their families on a holiday weekend.

captain plastic
11-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Good job for sure Russ. Don't take it personal at all. Leading by example
will only lead to better events in the future. Great idea and you helped a few folks.
I will buy an Angel Tree in honor of this tournament. So that's another family.

Hamilton
11-29-2008, 09:43 PM
besides my shortage of funds, i would have liked to participate,

martin
12-01-2008, 11:10 AM
hey russ its great you ran the tourney this past week - sucks the attendance was low - but i hope you don't really plan to stop trying to run events

small non-sanctioned events are probably one of the best ways we can truly grow our sport among the many disc golf players in louisville - new players are probably far more likely to get involved in low cost/low pressure disc golf events

events like this need consistency - i hope we can try again next year - many of these events just need to keep happening and interest will grow -

lets try our best as a club to communicate about local events and get them all on a calender online - advertise them on the courses (where all the disc golfers can see them) - and i will push to get more interest from TV/newspaper, etc.

iceman
12-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Sorry man, i ment to do it, but my dog ate my discgolf bag.

"Think Positive, Throw Negative"

ed - dro 'Over & Out'

J_VanOver
12-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Keep it going Russ. It was a great idea and I'm sorry that I missed it. I had my son until noon so it was a no can do for me. Also the text was a good idea to get the people that may not get on the message board as often as the rest of us. I was thinking of the same thing for this weekend for the bag tag tournament.

Keep it up!!!

Russ
12-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Don't sweat it guy's(no pun intended). I will continue to run events. As it stands it may be the only way I can stay in Disc golf. I am having severe back problems that are causing other issues with my insides. However I will not stop until i am driving a wheel chair. Than I'm going to sue the LDGC because that dang CV course isn't wheel chair friendly :whistle:
So I appologize to all for the comment, I didn't mean it. I was just upset that only 3 others showed. I'm sure it had to do with the Holiday weekend more than anything.