PDA

View Full Version : Practice Baskets

ScottD
11-03-2008, 06:50 PM
I've been playing for about 4 months, best round is a -3 at CV. With some decent putts could have been 4 or 5 shots better. I am looking at getting a practice basket for the back yard. I am looking at 2, the Innova DiscCatcher and the Lighting DB5. Both are priced for about $179.00. The DB5 is a bit heavier (10lbs) with heavier chains. I would appreciate any information from someone with knowledge of these or any other moderately priced baskets. :?:

Thanks!

Kao
11-03-2008, 08:14 PM
My parents bought my Instep basket at Sam's Club last Christmas. I checked their website but didn't see them so I don't know if they still carry them. They paid in the fifty to sixty dollar range for it. The basket is pretty light weight and breaks down into three pcs for easy transportation. They only have one ring of chains but you can find articles online to modify it for more.

scottyb
11-03-2008, 08:41 PM
The DB-5s actually have one row of chains but like you said but they are heavier chains than normal, I was skeptical of them at first with them but they hold up solid. I have seen quite a few upshots and even an ace stick from over 200+ ft... The Innova Sportcatcher is alright IMO it just has a single chain structure (like the DB-5 if I remember correct) but the chains are lighter.

I think you can also check out the Instep baskets on Ebay, I don't believe they are too bad to ship.

Goatman
11-04-2008, 11:12 AM
For the money, the Instep baskets are the best value. I have three of them now. The last two I bought were $89 on Ebay. You can add extra chains for around $20 and make them catch just as good as the high dollar ones. I have one that is 3 years old and haven't had to do any repair work. This basket is outside all the time. The only thing is that it doesn't have "nubs" and if you hit the rim you can sling shot off pretty bad. They are PDGA approved.