PDA

View Full Version : Match Play Invitational for early next year.......

Russ
10-17-2008, 12:43 PM
I have been brainstorming and have come up with a list of people who would make for one cool tournament. Needless to say this is no way set in stone as of yet. I'm just throwing the idea out there and nothing will be finalized until the end of the year. I would like to hold this tournament sometime in February or early March before the BG tournaments start. If your name was omitted please let me know. I tried to include those who play in the most tournaments first and those who just play a lot as Alternates. If you are an Alternate you will only be picked if one of the originals drop. In the meantime here are the names and an explanation of how this might work. It will be held at CV..........Also if you have any other ideas, throw them out there. I might use it!!!!!!!!!

Also if your name is on the list and you are interested in being a part of this please reply and let me know!!!!!

PRO'S
Jesse "King of Aces/ Butter" Reed
Eric Roadhouse
Mick Pennington
Keith Gallusser
Scott Rief
Eric Gallusser
Dave Greenwell
Jeremy Watts
Tim Foley
Martin Young

PRO ALTERNATES
Brennan Doyle
Jim Ashton
Trevor Harbolt

AM'S
Russell Gore
Larry Snegass
Mike Shepers
Billy Serapiglia
Sam Shaheen
Nate Hartlage
Tim Pennington
Josh Cummings
Adam Higdon
Paul Webster
Brian Pait
Bub Hill
Steve Simpson
Jeff Webb
Wyatt Hardenbrook

AM ALTERNATES
Ed McGovern
Jason Van Over
Steve Jones
Chuck Dulmage
Andrew Jacobs
Steve Dodson
Nick Murphy
Ed Murphy
Brian Pierce
Ross Marean
Ryan Ball

This is a list of Pro's and Am's for the 1st Annual Match play Invitational. The Am's will play on Saturday and the Pro's on Sunday. Seeding will be random draw out of a hat a week before the event. This is a Pre-register only event. Cost will be $ 50 for the Pro's, $25 for the Am's. Payouts will be for the Top 3 in each division,
1st $250, 2nd $100, 3rd $50
Each grouping will play 9 holes to decide a winner for the next round. The 9 holes to be played are 1-9 with the Final pairings playing 10-18
Start times will be issued in 10 minute increments........
In the event that we end up with an Odd number of players, someone will draw a first round Bye

J_VanOver
10-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Sounds pretty cool Russ. I'm glad I'm listed as an alternate because I would get thrashed in that group. Thank goodness for the Rec division. :D

jeremy
10-17-2008, 01:38 PM
Westermann is on the DL and McAlister is moving to Florida.

McGovern plays Advanced. Just a heads up.

Russ
10-17-2008, 02:30 PM
McCalister is moving to Florida? Why would he want to leave all this awesome :roll: weather for that humid hot state :lol: So I am assuming it is permanent, and he won't be back? That sucks, he is a big name around here. Hate to see him go!

As far as Ed and Brandon go I'm hoping Brandon can rehab by than, and Ed, well I meant to put him in the AM's.

J_VanOver
10-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I would have liked for Mark to follow through on his distance "clinic" that he was going to do. Half of the reason that I buy the DG dvds is to see technique. Oh well...

What about that other guy on Jeremy's Throw team? I think he plays open. I can't remember his name but he's a little shorter than Keith and Eric I think.

jeremy
10-17-2008, 03:46 PM
McCalister is moving to Florida? Why would he want to leave all this awesome :roll: weather for that humid hot state :lol: So I am assuming it is permanent, and he won't be back? That sucks, he is a big name around here. Hate to see him go!
Yeah "McAlister" and he's big, correctly spelled, name are going job hunting in Pensacola. :lol: Mark's a good guy and a good player. He'll be missed!

What about that other guy on Jeremy's Throw team? I think he plays open. I can't remember his name but he's a little shorter than Keith and Eric I think.
Kyle!? He throws a mile but I don't know how much he's playing anymore.

J_VanOver
10-17-2008, 05:00 PM
Yep. I've seen him at IQ the last couple of times I have been there.

eric_g
10-18-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm in

Russ
10-18-2008, 07:30 AM
Thanks for showing interest and let your bro know he is in since Mark is out........I'm going to make this happen one way or another :!:

Russ
10-18-2008, 09:10 AM
If anyone would like to be moved up from Am to Pro, I am pretty sure that a few of us could possibly hang in to an extent if we played Pro. That way we could get 16 of each. I just couldn't come up with 16 actual pro's. I'm thinking that myself, Billy, Sam, Martin, And Mike, and even Larry could all move up to give others a chance at playing in this. Also that includes letting Tim, Brennan, Jim, and Trevor play. Than the Pro's would have $800 to payout. So that could make it where 1st gets $500 2nd gets $200 and 3rd gets $100................or I could payout more spots. I'll let the majority rule on this decision. So let me know how you feel about this.
Also if this works as well as I plan than the following year your seeds will be based upon how you finish this year.

And a few more questions for ya'll.......
Would the Am's be in favor of recieving plastic instead of cash?
Would you like half plastic half cash?
Would you like to donate all your winnings to the club in your name :wink: ?

eric_g
10-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Keith will probably play

SDodson
10-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Doesnt sound bad.. id give it again.. if its better than OC was for me hah!

The Little Gallusser
10-19-2008, 11:28 AM
i am in

martin
10-19-2008, 12:05 PM
i'll play in the open

PDGA#26039
10-19-2008, 01:01 PM
What about Mr. ace????

Russ
10-20-2008, 08:30 AM
Damn, Pardon me.....
I can't believe that I would forget Butter......Everyone including himself knows that Butter is welcome to play. Don't know how I forgot about him but I did......

Can he hit 4 aces in one tournament at CV? Guess we will find out!