View Full Version : The Clash II Winthrop Gold DVD
09-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Is anyone interested in ordering this DVD? It is the second installment in the Clash series where they film the best players on some of the hardest courses.
I plan on odering a copy because I have the first one and it is one of the better videos that I have watched because they do player interviews as they are playing so you get an understanding of what they are thinking as they are playing.
The the cost is $15 each and shipping is $5 but if you order 3 then the shipping is free. If there is 2 other people interested let me know and we can order together and save some money.
II - WINTHROP GOLD
Rock Hill, SC
Doubles on steroids (2v2v2) featuring: (The Champs) Ken Climo & Nate Doss versus (Swedconsin) Barry Schultz & Markus Kallstrom versus (Team Oregon) David Feldberg & Avery Jenkins.
Commentary by Crump & Schweb
09-23-2008, 04:42 PM
We need to film our own “Clash” video. Scott and I took on Roady and Greenwell at CV and ended up tied with them at -8 about two years or so ago. I think we should have a rematch and film it!!! We could sell the DVDs for like $5 - $10 a piece as a fund-raiser for the 2009 CVO! I can make a REALLY good video with cut scenes, music, title page, and stuff if someone would film it. “Old Spice” vs. “The New Kids on the Block”!!!
I just wonder if there would be any interest in it!? Are you down for it Scott?
Get me a video camera and you have your photographer. As long as I get a copy for free :lol:
Seriously though that would be pretty cool. If you want it to happen make it happen, I'm down for being on the film crew.
09-23-2008, 04:53 PM
I have a nice Canon Handy Cam you could use but I'd most likely need an extra battery to last a whole doubles round at CV.
09-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I have my own video cam and I would be glad to help film. Just let me know when and as long as its a weekend I'll be there. If we have at least two cams then we should be able to get the release(throw) and result(aces) at the same time.
09-23-2008, 05:18 PM
Count me in :)
09-23-2008, 09:40 PM
I have a digital cam corder that is decent. IllyB is always looking for a reason
to shoot something. :lol:
The more cameras the better. Like Steve said you could have someone at both ends of the shot and maybe even someone midway between. Don't think we would miss anything like that.
09-24-2008, 05:44 PM
The Clash at Renny Gold has 2 cameras (behind the back of the thrower and one watching the shot come in and land)and 1 player/interviewer cam that the main commentator is carrying. 3 total.
I was thinking about it a little and was basically taking off on Jeremy's ideas of scenes and things and tried to think of everything in the dvds that I have and have seen.
1. In-depth player interviews
- Could really take advantage of Dave's history and his knowledge of the sport
- Roady's transition to Masters
- Scott's experience of playing Open for the last year
- Jeremy's transition from Advanced to Open and what made him change over when he did
- There are thousands of interview questions that we could come up with that are basic but I think we could take the opportunity to ask questions that would help other players. I'll think of more and post later.
2. Warm-ups prior to the round that has voice overs
- Course design
- Player info
- Interview with Dave about what his plan was for the course and what the reality it became and what he and the club went through to get it built.
3. A camera that follows the players that does interviews as the round progresses
-Gives an in-depth look at what the players are thinking and what shot they may attempt. I think this has benefited me from the first Clash DVD just because you can see the top players making shot decisions and talking it out between themselves. I know it doesn't show in my score but I do think more than I did. :D
- This would be the 4th camera (see #5 for the 3rd camera)
4. At least 2 camera angles
- I think this is a must.
5. Potential for a 3rd camera to the side that is looking at the form of the player throwing.
- I have only seen a few shots like this but it may be the biggest benefit of them all. Seeing a disc take off is one thing but seeing form to emulate would definately be beneficial for a lot of us.
- Great cut scene to add for dramatic effect especially if it is technical shot or a bomb.
- Possible slow motion shot to add in for filler
6. I think that we could go shoot it after USDGC if everyone is healthy and release it sometime prior to CVO as a fund raiser and sell it at the CVO for money for next year.
- Not for sure how much free time Jeremy or who else would work on it would have but I think it will be very time consuming to take on the film, digital, etc and convert it to the format to use and then edit it together with commentary and sound.
7. We may need to try and get some high quality cameras to shoot it with. We may be able to find someone that has digital video cameras that they would loan us for a day.
This is just a few of the things I have been thinking about.
09-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Good ideas Jason. I would save interviews, shot decisions, and such for voice-over commentary. In order for everyone to play at there best you wouldn’t want to think of having to come up with something clever to say.
I think Jason should direct this effort! :lol:
09-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Maybe bring back in the players for interviews after the shots are pieced together for them to talk about like the USDGC dvds. I know the 2007 dvd made some mistakes when the would ask "what were you thinking when you made that 40 ft putt" before the attempt was even made but that could be an option too.
I would love to be involved in a project like this.
Maybe the roving camera could also be the side shot camera so that we would only need 3 cameras total.
10-02-2008, 11:41 AM
So any takers on buying a DVD to reduce shipping costs? I would like to place an order next week or by mid month at the latest if you could let me know.
10-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Roady and Dutch [ Team Kentucky ] got a one stroke victory over Dave Greenwell and Scott Reif [Team Louisville] at the USDGC. GOOD MATCH GUYS! The Quizno Classic.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.