PDA

View Full Version : Best Place to live in Louisville

scottyb
09-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Me and the lady are considering a relocation move to Louisville, and we have decided that we would like it enough to live there. I have done some general searching online but am curious to hear what the locals think, so in your opinion what is the best place to live in Louisville. If you want to go into details what would a good place/area to live and work. And don't say as close to CV as possible :) but the area around CV definitely looks nice :)

Any feed back on this would be great, thanks ahead of time

scottyb

J_VanOver
09-04-2008, 12:14 AM
What are you looking for? If you are looking for land of an acre or more than you have to live on the outskirts because anything that size inside the gene snyder gets very expensive. I like Bullitt county because it offers some affordable options that gets a little pricey in Jefferson county. Taylorsville and Shelbyville are similar. Billtown road (close to CV) is nice and new houses are going up around there. Hurstbourne lane in the older area is nice because you get some more established homes and some nice trees. There are really nice places everywhere to be honest but I like having a little bit of land so the outskirts is what I'm stuck with because I can't afford the land inside the limits.

Russ
09-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Jason is right on with what he said about being in the county versus outside. As far as inside the county goes look around the J-Town area..Billtown Rd. Seatonville rd. I live about 1/2 mile from the park on Michael Edward dr. That is the street that the little Snack and Crack :lol: , I mean Snack and pack :roll: is on. Not a bad place to live as long as you are down past the apartments(pretty trashy) :Ahhhh: . Anywhere in Fern Creek is decent as long as you take into account that traffic on bardstown rd. is :Ahhhh: in the afternoons. So if you are on the far side and try to get to CV it will take you 30 minutes to travel 5 miles or less. Highview is nice but it's on the far side. Hikes point is another nice area. Basically the cluster of areas right around J-town are all nice. Hope this helps a little.

scottyb
09-04-2008, 09:58 AM
thanks guys I apprecaite it, we aren't looking to buy right away, rent until I can find a good job and then probably relocate near that from there....

captain plastic
09-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Highlands or Crescent Hill. Stay where the action is. Just about a ten to twelve minute drive to C.V. or IQ
Tons of rental property and lots of mature trees. Close to the beautiful park system that Louisville has to offer.

Hope you make it down here Scotty.

scottyb
09-04-2008, 11:52 AM
Highlands or Crescent Hill. Stay where the action is. Just about a ten to twelve minute drive to C.V. or IQ
Tons of rental property and lots of mature trees. Close to the beautiful park system that Louisville has to offer.

Thanks Sammy!!

Russ
09-04-2008, 04:45 PM

Only there if you can stand to deal with traffic all the time. As far as I am concerned I used to want to be down there until I met someone who did live down there. After about a year of visits I made up my mind that would never happen. Personally I want out of the county. I grew up in Fern Creek and it used to be hobunken. They have ruined the small town appeal that once existed.
If your looking to rent I just saw a house for Rent straight across the road from CV. If you leave the park go straight across the road by the elementary school. it is in the first court on the right. Might want to check into it. Really nice house with a basement. Larry looked at it but he needs a fenced in yard to keep his rugrats and rugrat animals in!

themick
09-06-2008, 08:11 PM
what kind of job are you looking for let me know i may be able to help. and if your looking to rent a place i know people that have thousands of rentals all over the city so let me know i maybe can help.