PDA

View Full Version : Winter Project?

Airborne
08-29-2008, 08:21 PM
Well here I go again. I had another "brain fart" and I want to throw it out to the members and see what you all think. Bink's Dad has an old bass boat trailer that has been converted to a flat bed. After I told him about this idea I have, he offered to donate the trailer to the club. My idea is to take the trailer and construct a traveling tournament platform. It would have room for storing all our tournament supplies and would really add some class to our events. I have some plans in my head for how to go about this, just let me know if you all like the idea and be willing to help with it during the off season.

illyB
08-29-2008, 09:39 PM
That idea sounds awesome! The question is where can we store it? / transportation?

Daniel
08-29-2008, 10:06 PM
When I used to race, we would do the same thing. That's a great idea, Steve. I can give ideas as to what we did for that, if it would help...

jeremy
08-29-2008, 11:15 PM
That idea sounds awesome! The question is where can we store it? / transportation?
Ditto! :D

Airborne
08-30-2008, 07:33 AM
I know that towing it and storing it is a speed bump. The trailer won't weigh a lot, so just about any vehicle with a hitch could tow it. It won't take up much more room to park than a car. I would be willing to let it sit at my place, but it is a little out of the way for most people. I am willing to see if my old Grand Prix can get a light hitch. I have a 6 cyl. but it would be able to tow it I think since it won't be very heavy. We just need a parking place for it. The club would invest some money and try to get some of the materials donated. When finished, we could possibly rent it to other clubs for use in their tournaments. It's just an idea, I wanted to see if there was any support for it. I know we have experianced wood workers that could do a quality job for something like this, and I think Bink would be willing to help with some of the work. :?:

captain plastic
08-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Sounds great. Can we get a keg o rater?