PDA

View Full Version : Ace Race 2008

martin
07-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Ace Race 2008

http://discraft.com/events_acerace_08.html

At the moment I have 3 Ace Races set-up but am still working on the logistics with Discraft.

August 16th - Iroquois Park 10 AM

Entry fee: $25
Player package: Two identical Discraft discs, plus a SuperColor mini and a Discraft hat. A $55 value!

Plans for the second Ace Race will be in September at Charlie Vettiner on September 13th

The third or at least final Ace Race will be held at Otter Creek Park

October 4th - Otter Creek 10 AM (same info as above)

Adam
07-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Sounds good Martin, I look forward to playing in one of those this year.

I noticed the Otter Creek Ace race is on the same day as the tournament at the Fun Farm. I don't know if the two events will conflict with each other but I wanted to make sure you were aware.

martin
07-23-2008, 10:43 AM
gotcha - for some reason i have always thought the fun farm tourney was in sept -

so i altered the otter creek date - it is now October 4th

J_VanOver
08-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Bump.

Don't forget about the Ace Race on August 16th. What a deal. PDGA message board is comparing the disc to a small diameter Buzzz. Possibly a great midrange at midrange distances. Martin and I are going to meet up at IQ and do a layout that will hopefully be conducive to lots and lots of Aces!!!!

Sweat
08-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Discraft sucks, always has always will. If It didn't then Ken Climo would throw it :!:

illyB
08-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Discraft sucks, always has always will. If It didn't then Ken Climo would throw it :!:

SNAP!

Daniel
08-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Damn, sweat, tell us how you really feel!! :whistle: :D

J_VanOver
08-05-2008, 07:09 AM
What a poor attitude. Especially when Ken told me that he would "throw anyones disc that sponsors him and he doesn't have a contract with Innova so you could see him throw it or any other company in the future". It's all about money.

He did say that he didn't like QuestAT though.

iroquoisman24
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Climo did throw it huh ,and so did helmet head at one time, along with alot of other players. this is an innova area guess you can't stop the followers and bandwagoning. :mrgreen: I'll be spanking this innova area next year with pure discraft baby. :twisted:

martin
08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
discraft only allows usually one ace race in a geographical area - count-em we have 3

you know one of the reasons i was able to get three ace races in the area - is because we have almost zero discraft around - i told brian sullivan hey here is a great chance to get discraft in folks hands who never get a chance to throw the plastic from the north -

If anyone wants to pre-register this is now the spot - leave your name and number here or even better just private message me - martin - or call me - 502-291-5422 - or email me desertyoung@yahoo.com

I will have a number of players packs available but after the preregistrants its first come first serve

jeremy
08-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Nice job Martin! I'll definiately make a couple of the events! Thanx SOOOOOO MUCH for putting them on! :weee: :bravo:

Sweat
08-05-2008, 11:29 PM
Gateway sucks too! BW I know u don't like some people but u don't have to always show ur dislike for Dave by calling him names. And no bandwagon here, that's my opion and u can have DisCrap.

captain plastic
08-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Innova has the best disc, the best players and the best tournament in the world! (USDGC)
Just my opinion.

jeremy
08-06-2008, 09:15 AM
I agree...BUT...the Ace Race is still a lot of fun and that's what this topic is suposed to be about! :?

J_VanOver
08-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Sweat, I can hook you up with some sweet Gateway plastic. Show some love. :D

I have said it before but, I would put the Wizard up against an Aviar anyday. If you want to go no-bead then the Warlock.

I will be running the IQ Ace Race on the 16th at IQ because Martin will be out of town for some small Worlds tournament or something. He's the brains of the operation and is getting everything organized for me to show up and tell people what to do. He ordered 100 packs to be sent to my apartment so I hope everyone shows up and we sell out and have to order more. See you all there. You too Sweat! Support the LDGC.

Larry
08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Innova doesn't have the best EVERYTHING. But I will say that I prefer their brand of PLASTIC due to the durability. How often do you see Innova attempting to promote the little events like ace races or skill challenges? Thats why I'll be there to show appreciation to Discraft (and Martin). OR Gateway or QuestAT or.........Take it easy ya turd burglers :wink:

captain plastic
08-06-2008, 11:09 PM
I will do my best to be at the ace race. Lord knows I need more aces.
That is My Morning Jacket day. Disc golf in the day with some
great music on the waterfront that night.

Cowabunga Bob
08-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Do we need to sign up in advance or will sign up be available day of the event? Thanks.

martin
08-07-2008, 05:16 PM
you can just show up - PM me - martin or jason vanover with your name and number and we will reserve you a spot

Sweat
08-07-2008, 11:12 PM
Sorry to give the wrong impression so let me clear it up a little. I didn't mean that the Ace Race sucks or for nobody not to play, I hope it fills up because it is really fun even with Discraft disc. I was just saying that I don't care much for Discraft and I am glad to see the responses that I got from it. Fight for your brand of discs baby! So sorry Martin and Jason for the misunderstanding. U might just see me there.

festis
08-08-2008, 07:14 AM
hey sweat, we can blindfold you and you wouldn't even know what you were throwing. btw those gateway putters will shut down any of your innova putters. and the element got me a bird on 5 at cv from the mando tree it due to the perfect flight of that disk. :lol:

jeremy
08-08-2008, 08:01 AM
That's actually kinda funny! Sweat doesn't putt with Innova putters...he uses Omega Super Softs made by Millennium! Yeah, they ARE molded in the Innova plants, but they're still NOT Innova discs! Shame, shame Sweat! :lol:

I am only kidding by the way!

festis
08-08-2008, 07:03 PM
doesn't matter anyway with my putting lately i couldn't back it up. now that's funny. :lol: :lol:

Sweat
08-09-2008, 11:16 AM
You're right, but in the summer I put with avair's.

weeman
08-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Will I have to play in the first ace race to be able to play in the others or receive the player's packet?

J_VanOver
08-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Will I have to play in the first ace race to be able to play in the others or receive the player's packet?

No, they are independent of each other.

You can show up and pay $25 and get the 2 discs, hat and mini and leave if you would like.

Each Ace Race is $25 so each time you would get 2 discs, hat and a mini.

J_VanOver
08-14-2008, 03:45 PM
I got all of the stuff in for the Ace Race. I compared the disc against a Buzzz and the bottom part of the wing looks Identical but the top part of the wing (flight plate) has a little bit different edge. One is slightly more rounded than the other. It is also a smaller diameter. I haven't thrown one so I can't tell you how it flew for me but the plastic feels decent. ESP plastic.

captain plastic
08-14-2008, 09:38 PM
I won't be able to make the ace race.

J_VanOver
08-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Fun was had by all at the first Ace Race. The weather was perfect. The course was in great condition. The placements laid out by Nate and Martin were conducive to Aces and guess what... There were a LOT of aces. There were 3 people in my group and we all had aces. There were tons of metal hit. The winner was Jeff "Shaggy" Callyer (Sorry Jeff if I misspelled your name). A local guy that said he plays a couple of times a week at IQ with a group of friends. Jeff had an Ace and 3 metal hits to get the win.

We had a total of 32 players in the Race. There was a lot of positive comments about the new disc. It's stable and keeps a good line.

The next race will be at CV in Sept. Hope to see you there.

martin
08-19-2008, 11:56 AM
THE NEXT ACE RACE WILL BE HELD AT CHARLIE VETTINER PARK - September 13th

never got an ace at CV - well here is your chance - actually 36 chances

9AM sign-up and get your players pack - 10 AM Tee-off

2 rounds of golf, 1 shot per hole with your new disc

players pack includes 2 discs (esp plastic), a hat, and mini all for $25

bring your friends

any questions call me at 502-291-5422 - or ask your question right here for everyone to see

martin
08-21-2008, 12:33 PM
bump

martin
09-05-2008, 01:21 PM
ACE RACE NEXT SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 13th

NEVER GOT AN ACE AT CHARLIE VETTINER - WELL HERE IS YOUR CHANCE - YOU CAN ACE THEM ALL!!!

Charlie Vettiner Disc Golf Course

Cost: $25 - you receive two discs, a mini, and a hat

Time: Tee-off is at 10AM you can pick up your players pack beginning at 9AM

Event: Two rounds of golf one shot per hole all holes are shortened no putting just one shot to hit the basket after two rounds the most Aces wins the grand prize

Grand Prize: A Disc Golf Bag full of brand new discs ($200 value)

martin
09-12-2008, 04:09 PM
so the flags are set at CV if anyone wants to check out the new holes -

19 holes each round - 2 CTP shots

I'll be there at 9:00AM with players packs available - tee-off is at 10AM

any questions put them here or call me 502-291-5422

martin
09-13-2008, 02:08 PM
thanks to all those who participated - we had 16 players in the Ace Race this morning -

The Winner of the 2008 CV Ace Race is . . . Scott Rief - 1 ACE (Hole 15), 4 Metal Hits

I know there were a handful of metal hits and I had the only other Ace on Hole 5

Thanks again to everyone - see you all up at Otter Creek - Oct 4th

Limited # of players packs available approx. 50 left - I'll be there by 9 AM - tee-off at 10 AM

PDGA#26039
09-13-2008, 02:31 PM
thanks for running things martin, had a good time at my first ace race!

J_VanOver
09-13-2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks again Martin. Loads of fun and some exciting moments.

:?: :?: Scott Reif = 2009 Discraft sponsored player :?: :?:

You never know what a brand new bag of discs will bring you.

Congrats.

martin
09-13-2008, 06:48 PM
we played our tags during the ACE RACE -

Scott Rief #5
Martin Young #8
Sparrow ?
Marc ?
Steve ?
Russ ?
Jason ?

martin
09-26-2008, 11:20 AM
ACE RACE NEXT SATURDAY - SEPTEMBER 13th

OCTOBER 4th (LAST ACE RACE OF THE YEAR)

Otter Creek Disc Golf Course

THERE ARE ONLY APPROX. 50 Spots Available so first come first serve - don't be late

Cost: $25 - you receive two discs, a mini, and a hat

Time: Tee-off is at 10AM you can pick up your players pack beginning at 9AM

Event: Two rounds of golf one shot per hole all holes are shortened no putting just one shot to hit the basket after two rounds the most Aces wins the grand prize

Grand Prize: A Disc Golf Bag full of brand new discs ($200 value)

Ironman
09-26-2008, 11:56 AM
we played our tags during the ACE RACE -

Scott Rief #5
Martin Young #8
Sparrow ?
Marc ?
Steve ?
Russ ?
Jason ?

Steve Jones recieved awesome # 35

J_VanOver
09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Don't forget about the Ace Race this Saturday. I won't be able to make it this time so that bums me out a little. Oh well. Have fun everyone. Get some Aces!!!!! :D

weeman
10-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Since Martin and Jason are both unable to run this ace race, who's taking it over? I just want to know if its going to be worth my time to drive down there tomorrow morning.

jeremy
10-03-2008, 08:38 PM
I thought Martin was going to be back in time for it.

martin
10-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Martin is back - I left the USDGC to be back in at 2AM - I will be at the course by 9 AM - with players packs available

martin
10-04-2008, 02:47 PM
So the 3rd and final Ace Race for the Greater Louisville Area was held this morning at Otter Creek

approx 30 participants -

the winner Jeff Dunn 3 Aces - 3 metal hits -

For everyone who has played or never got the chance - I still have Ace Race Packages available ($25) - get in touch and we can make a deal

Also looking to charge discs $10 each, hats $5 and such - let me know

Martin Young - 502-291-5422 - desertyoung@yahoo.com - or PM me