PDA

View Full Version : Water socks and gear

J_VanOver
05-15-2008, 06:44 PM
I need to purchase some rain gear for my trip and future playing. Can anyone recommend some water socks and gear that they have used and like? Thanks

Daniel
05-15-2008, 08:20 PM
It really depends on how much you have to spend! :doh:

Really, I like my Solomon Gore-tex boots ($120 4 years ago...still going strong). A lot of people like Merrell Gore-tex stuff. I like mine because they don't weigh hardly anything and are comfy. I don't care for the seal skinz socks, but most swear by 'em. They're ~$30, but you can get full gore-tex socks for ~$50.

As for pants, I like the nylon, non-breatheable ones from WalMart. They keep the wind out during cold play as well as the rain. ~$10. Gore-tex will cost you at least ~$50.

Sweat
05-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Gore-tex socks are a must for all disc golfers! Hey are hard to find but you can order them on line at Cabela's sporting goods. Bass Pro and Dick's do not carry them, but they do have seal skins but they are not as good as the gore-tex! They carry two kinds, one is Rocky's and the other is the Cabala's name brand which is better because they last longer. They will cost you $40 dollars.

scottyb
05-16-2008, 08:50 AM
If you are looking for a good deal on Gore-Tex water proof socks check out REI... http://www.rei.com, they also have an outlet on their website that generally has much cheaper prices for the same stuff.

i picked up my gore-tex socks about 3 years ago for 30$, they are awesome.