PDA

View Full Version : Club minis are in!

captain plastic
04-24-2008, 10:52 AM
The L.D.G.C. club minis are here. See me on the course or at leagues to
pick yours up.

They are for sale. Only $10.00 and it includes your club membership. Remember you also
get a discount of $1 for every league event you play.

See treasurer thread to get a grip on where your money goes.
Take care

J_VanOver
04-24-2008, 01:37 PM
Are they free to current members?

jeremy
04-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Unless you throw Gateway! :lol:

Only kidding!

Daniel
04-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Unless you throw Gateway!

...or unless you are biased toward one certain brand of disc... :nono: :wink: :D :D :D

jeremy
04-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm not bias...I just throw only one brand and I think everything else SUCKS! :lol:

Only KIDDING!!!

I do have a Q-sentinel in my bag. It says Innova on the bottom of it though.

J_VanOver
04-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Who made these minis? I have an exclussive contract with Lightning to only mark my discs with their minis. :whistle:

captain plastic
04-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Innova with Scott's logo. Larry has been without computer for some time.

We also made some shirts for the officers. When you see them check them out.
If anyone would like to purchase one I can arrange that. The Carhartt knit Scott
has is $25 with full embroidery. They look great. The Carhartt t-shirt I wear will be
$22. It is a work/dry shirt.

Maybe next year we could stage a few levels of paying dues. Like $30 gets you a knit, mini
and club membership.

Daniel
04-24-2008, 04:55 PM
I know you were just kidding, Jeremy. I'm pretty close to being an Innova b*&%$ myself, as the only non-innova discs I have right now are z-Buzzs and a Wizard... :doh:

jeremy
04-24-2008, 05:02 PM
It's OKAY Dan. I've been guilt of throwing both of those in the past. The Buzzz never got a place in my bag. The Wizard did for a while.

Daniel
04-24-2008, 05:41 PM
This has the strange feel of a meeting of "Innova-holics Anonymous"... :lol: :lol:

J_VanOver
04-24-2008, 11:43 PM
As much as you guys play outside of Louisville, thowing only Innova is a local issue right? The pdga message board seems to have a wide variance of disc selection.

Daniel
04-25-2008, 09:30 AM
Yeah Jason, it seems to be a local addiciton that has spread far and wide in this community. Occasionally you will see cases outside of Louisville, but those cases are just not as severe as they are here... :whistle:

jeremy
04-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Seems to have been contageous to the majority of World and U.S. Champions too. :whistle:

J_VanOver
04-25-2008, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't consider sponsored players in this conversation. Especially since the World Champ for 2 of the last 3 years has been from Discraft. So I would say he only throws Discraft. I am talking about local recreational players to Advanced players, even low ranking pros.

jeremy
04-25-2008, 11:08 AM
It's really seems split pretty evenly between Innova and Discraft as far as the people that I play tourneys with. Gateway is starting to break into the scene more and more every year but I RARELY see AM's throwing Gateway exclussively. I can only think two AM's that I've played with that have thrown Gateway exclusively for an extended period of time.

Don't get me wrong. I'm NOT knocking them. There products are fine and they've got some GREAT players on there team. It's just going to take them a while to break into the scene. For me...I just throw what I know.

J_VanOver
04-25-2008, 04:58 PM
I wasn't trying to pimp Gateway. Even on Dave's contract for Gateway it provides bonus' if you win and you only had Gateway products in your bag. That would make me think that Gateway wasn't competing fully yet. I was just curious if Louisville was an isolated Innova only area or if it was the same in other places.

I put together a Gateway only bag but it had some holes in it. Wait... that was just me. :D

J_VanOver
05-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Sam,
I need to buy another mini. I gave mine to guy from Tenn that was my partner at leagues Monday night. Since he was paired with me and I knew we were not going to win, I didn't want him to leave empty handed. :D

captain plastic
05-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Come out Monday night for leagues. I'll be there with minis and disc.

J_VanOver
05-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Will you have them at the open? That will prob be the next time I will see you.

captain plastic
05-25-2008, 12:41 AM
yep

bpait
05-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Sammy,

I have two shirts that I wanted to get the LDGC Club logo put on. When would be the best time to get them done and how long does it take? I was hoping to have them for the tourney this weekend, but wasnt sure of the turn around time.

captain plastic
05-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Won't be able to do it by tournament time. It takes me about one week
depending on how many times I go downtown.

You can stop by my store anytime or catch me at the course.
I should be at C.V. every night this week.
Take care

bpait
05-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the information. I will probably stop by your store tomorrow to drop the shirts off.