PDA

View Full Version : Effin' Drunk Drivers

eric_g
04-02-2008, 02:33 AM
So I was driving home from work tonight around 11:40. I had just crossed some railroad tracks on 1020 and was going around a small curve. The next thing I saw was the headlights of a car headed right for me and the sound of his brakes screeching. He had missed the guy in front of me by less than a couple feet and then proceeded to T-bone me on the driver's side door. This guy had to be doing AT LEAST 80mph and I believe the speed limit is 45, maybe 55. I had to climb out of the passenger door to get out. The guy that was in the truck in front of me had stopped to make sure that everyone was ok. We tried talking to the guy that was driving the other car but he seemed to be ignoring us. He was gathering his things. After a few minutes, the driver of the other car and the guy that was with him fled on foot. But they remember to grab their cooler before they left. The cops showed up about a minute later and then they went to catch the two guys. The cops came back a few minutes later with the criminals in the back of their car. The driver didn't have proof of insurance on him and probably didn't have insurance at all. I, myself, had just grabbed my new insurance card today. Both cars were totalled, including his 06 or 07 Mustang. The driver of the other car claimed that he was doing only 20mph. He went to the hospital and after he gets out, it is off to jail for him. What a way to end the night after working eight hours.

GetEmWet
04-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Guess you are okay? Sure hope so. If I was you that guy would have got a beat down before the cops showed. I would have blamed the blood on him from the wreck!!!! I have major issues with those that drink and drive. Hope he gets help or rots in jail. The sad thing is he will, more than likely, be back on the road next week.

jeremy
04-02-2008, 08:17 AM
Holy Crap! I'm glad you're okay! I guess you'll have to sue for the damages? My iPod's not still in your car is it? :lol:

eric_g
04-02-2008, 08:53 AM
No it's not still in there Jeremy. I took it out on Monday. But I am VERY fortunate that I don't at least have a broken leg because there was just barely enough room left for my legs underneath the steering wheel. I was pretty sore when I got up this morning though. I don't think I will be playing disc golf today as I had planned.

jeremy
04-02-2008, 09:12 AM
I'm glad you're okay man!

illyB
04-02-2008, 09:26 AM
sorry to hear that. I'm glad you're ok. Could have been a lot worse for ya. Guardian angels are great!!

PDGA#26039
04-02-2008, 09:26 AM
glad you are ok

Bird
04-02-2008, 09:34 AM
glad your ok, you would think people have seen the show "cops" enough to know better than to run. hit and run is a serious crime and so is dui i dont think theyll be drive'n any time soon.

martin
04-02-2008, 09:36 AM
scary night eric - glad to hear you are all good

captain plastic
04-02-2008, 10:22 AM
Wow man that is very serious. Glad you are ok.

Sweat
04-02-2008, 02:30 PM
Man that messed up Eric! I know your mom must have been going nuts when she found out about it. I sure am glad the good LORD was watching over one of the best golfers around the VILLE. Sure do hope that the guy had insurance and you don't have to sue him. Take care and great shooting in BG.

iroquoisman24
04-02-2008, 10:47 PM
I recomend going to the chiropractor. you could have underlying damage to your spine. It's better to get it delt with now than to wait and have irreprable damage done. I wish someone would have told me so. I was in a couple of wrecks in the 2005 time frame wich damaged a disc in my neck. If I would have went directly to the chiropractor instead of waiting it would have been easily corrected. Now I have to get adjusted on a weekly basis not only for my neck but my back as well.

J_VanOver
04-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Wow Eric, That is bad news and good news. Bad about your car, good that you are able to walk away from it. Glad that you are ok. Go to a doctor and get yourself checked out.

eric_g
04-03-2008, 01:55 AM
The only really bad things that happened are my car is totalled, I think my nose is broken, and my knee is sore to the touch. But other than that, I am good. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

scottyb
04-03-2008, 10:06 AM
I recomend going to the chiropractor. you could have underlying damage to your spine. It's better to get it delt with now than to wait and have irreprable damage done. I wish someone would have told me so. I was in a couple of wrecks in the 2005 time frame wich damaged a disc in my neck. If I would have went directly to the chiropractor instead of waiting it would have been easily corrected. Now I have to get adjusted on a weekly basis not only for my neck but my back as well.

this is the best choice, see a chiropractor or a doctor.. I was t-boned in high school by a mac truck.. yea, a lot of fun, I felt okay after the wreck but went to a chiropractor anyways because my back and neck were stiff... he adjusted my neck and a I passed out cold, funny now, not so funny at the time,. but yeah my chiropractor said that was the best thing I could do was too get adjusted after the wreck, like IQman said, if there are some irreprable damages to your body that you can get taken care now, DO IT, you will not want to deal with back and neck pain the rest of your life...plus the insurance company (if it exists) for the drunk who hit you will have to cover the charges...

Top Gun
04-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Now was that an April's Fool joke or did that actually happen? If so im glad your okay and if that guy would've tried to run away when he hit me i would have tackled him. But thats just me. I mighta got shot too, so you did the right thing.