PDA

View Full Version : CV Work Day

Airborne
03-18-2008, 05:35 PM
I had a talk with Mike Dulin about the work day on the 29th He wants to begin about 9am and we plan on attaching the steel for the bridge on hole 3. Bink has that steel ready and when we get that one in, the other two won't be as hard as this one. I hope all that can, show up for several reasons. We need to have a good showing to leave a good impression on the Parks Dept, kind of like a show of strength, and the other reason is that steel is HEAVY and we need at least 10 bodies to carry it down the hill to the supports. I told him it was the same time the BG AMS was going on and how many players were going to be there and he was really impressed. I also talked to him about trying to save as much of the CV budget as we could and hopefully apply what is left towards another course. I will try to keep you all updated with anything new that comes up. Remember the meeting on the 24th at Jim Ashton's. Thanks for your support! :bravo:

martin
03-18-2008, 05:50 PM
Steve - i have the tee sign for the short pad on hole 17 - picked it up after the snowmelt, was sitting on the picnic table between hole 1/12 - doesn't look like it was ever packed with concrete (movable for sledders perhaps) -
anyhow, let me know what you would like me to do with the sign

Airborne
03-18-2008, 06:11 PM
Martin, if you can try to get it to DLG if you can. We might be able to do something with it on the 29th. Thanks

J_VanOver
03-25-2008, 08:07 AM
For those who are coming to the work day this weekend: Steel Toe shoes and gloves are mandatory gear.

So says the letter that Steve passed around at the meeting last night.

Ironman
03-25-2008, 10:42 AM
What, no hardhats and saftey glasses or ear plugs? :lol: :twisted: :lol:

I talked with Bink last night and he said to bring my welder and rods for final attacthment.

I have a few extra leather gloves for people to use.

I may not have enough extention chordes to run from the truck to the bottom so if someone can bring a few 50' that would be great.

bink
03-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Steve, if you are playing at iroq antime this week, call me and let me know. we can ride over to my shop, as its only about 10 minutes from iroq, so you can check out the bridge and see what we are up against. i get off work at 4, but we can ride over anytime. and, you are going to be a huge help!!

bink

Ironman
03-25-2008, 12:09 PM
Bink, I am actually going to be at IQ today about 3:30, I don't have your number with me nor do i have a cell. If you want call me at work (635-2655 ask for Steve Jones) or meet me on the course about 4 or so. I don't have to pick up my wife untill 6 so we should have time to go see it if your shop is open after 4 or so. I'll check this board before I leave at 3.

bink
03-26-2008, 10:20 AM
sorry, i didn't see the post until it was too late. no big deal, you will see it all up close on saturday. shop is open anytime, as i have the keys.
bink

themick
03-28-2008, 05:19 PM
are we still a go for tommorrow just wondering if so ill be there for a little while for sure i may only have a few hours though.

Airborne
03-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes, we are going to put the steel up for the bridge on hole 3. I wil be there at 9am, and try to bring some hand tools to help tighten the bolts and work gloves. We will need all the help we can get.

bink
03-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Steve S - dont forget the ext cords. see everyone in the morning. i hope we have plenty of help.
bink

themick
03-28-2008, 07:20 PM
just regular cords

PDGA#26039
03-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Great turnout today at CV. 16 people showed up, we got the metal down the hill and assembled in under an hour.
We still have to do the wood though.

Airborne
03-29-2008, 03:41 PM
I wanted to express my thanks to all those who showed up at CV this morning. We had 17 bodies there and had the bridge bolted together in about an hour. It looks great! Bink, you did a good job on the bridge and deserve an attaboy. Mike Dulin said he was blown away by our show of strength and how fast we had it down the hill and assembled. We will call more work days in the near future. Way to go LDGC!!! :bravo:

themick
03-29-2008, 09:49 PM
man the bridge is great everybody should tell bink thanks he has a bunch of hours in fabricating the bridge its going to be awesome when done. theres still work to be done though. :D :D

jeremy
03-31-2008, 08:46 AM
Haven't seen it yet but thanx Bink, Jerry, Steve Jones, and anyone else who helped build it! :bravo:

captain plastic
03-31-2008, 09:59 AM
Thanks Bink!
Thanks everyone who showed up.
You all rock.

bub hill7
03-31-2008, 04:59 PM
I suggest we name this particular bridge after Bink for his amazing effort over a long period of time. Great job bringing it all together Bink.

jeremy
03-31-2008, 07:59 PM
I LOVE THAT!!! The Frank "Bink" Harris bridge. We should build little stone hinges at each end. :bravo:

martin
03-31-2008, 08:01 PM
thanks you to the pros for getting the bridge in - can't wait to check it out tomorrow -

J_VanOver
03-31-2008, 09:02 PM
We left putting the wood down for the AMS during weekend of the BG pros. :mrgreen:

Crap, I'm an AM. I guess I will be at that work day too. :bang:

Bird
03-31-2008, 09:27 PM
wanted to be there heard you had enough help anyway. i saw it today its huge you could park an economy car on it!! awesome!!!!