PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Louisville for work training

drejal
02-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi all,

I'm going to be in Louisville at the end of Feb for a week of job training. There are two courses near the hotel I'm staying in, Iroquis, and Ventiner. I was hoping to hit at least one of these courses. Would anyone care to describe these courses a bit and recommend which one might be better for someone who's been playing about a year? Do either have any elevation? Being as i live on the west coast of florida, there isn't ANY elevation around here, and I'd love to have some hills to throw on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Andre
Tocobaga dgc

jeremy
02-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Vettiner is where you want to go. It's a longer course with multiple tee pads, ROUGH rough, a variety of shots (tight fairways, wide open, turn-overs, hyzers, elevation, etc.), and a couple par fours. Iroquois is a classic wooded, pitch-n-putt course. Iroquois is GREAT fun but if you can ONLY play one...play Vettiner. :D

Larry
02-02-2008, 09:34 AM
Neither of the 2 courses are hard to navigate. If you have time, play them both! Vettiner should take you anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours at the MOST. Fun, but challenging course. Most people can finish a round at Iroquois in an hour or less. If training is over by 1 or 2pm, you should have time to squeeze them both in, no problem. With a good break between. And if you want anyone to accompany you for some disc golf, just ask here on the message board. The local guys are pretty active and outgoing. Have fun! The class has nothing to do with pharmaceutical work does it? I ask because awhile back, I hooked up with a guy from Hunnington that was just "in town" doing some pharmaceutical training. Long shot, just curious if there is some kind of nationwide training hub here in Louisville.

martin
02-02-2008, 05:19 PM
tocobaga - st. pete golfer? -

fun twisted, palm hammock rough, right across the creek from where i went to school

drejal
02-02-2008, 09:15 PM
no pharmaceuticals, it's factory training for glory usa, http://www.gloryusainc.com

Yes, the description of tocobaga here in St Petersburg was spot on. Ken Climo has been known to show up every once in a while, and has our course record at a ludicrous -11. And whoever coined the phrase "trees are 90% air" never saw a palm tree.

Thanks for the help, training is usually 8am to 5pm, but there's a good chance I'll be done early on friday (feb 29th)and be able to hit at least Vettiner.

Much appreciated,

andre

Airborne
02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Hey Andre:
I get off work by 2pm. If you want to, get hold of me and I will meet you and be glad to show you either course. I'm Steve Simpson the Prez of the LDGC.

drejal
02-06-2008, 12:01 AM
Very cool, thanks!

Got you in my cell phone, you can take your number off the thread if you want.

I'll try to get in touch with you as soon as i know what's what.

andre

drejal
02-24-2008, 11:23 PM
just got into town tonight....

man do you people play in weather like this? Yesterday I played my club's handicap in shorts, and was sweating. Winter is supposed to be over isnt it? lmao

dre

J_VanOver
02-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Welcome to Louisville or as our University of Louisville fans call it The Ville. (I'm not a fan so Louisville)

There was several groups that played today. We have leagues on Sundays and we played at a private course and then some local pros and advanced were playing at Vettiner. You can never get a good sense of weather in Louisville as it changes daily. I think Monday is supposed to be close to 60 and then snowing again Tuesday. Crazy weather. I hope you brought some extra layers.

Have a good time in Louisville and I hope you get to play both courses. If you are closer to the airport you can probably get out of training and get in at least 9 at Iroquois before it gets dark. It has been getting too dark to play around 7.

drejal
02-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Heyas,

Glad I managed to make it out to CVP and get in most of a round. Had a great time, never had the chance to throw up and down hills like that. It's a shame it was so damn muddy, but hell, it's still a great course. Glad I got to meet some of you. Hopefully some day I'll be back in the summer time when I can wear shorts like i'm used to playing in!! :mrgreen: right now I'm just thankful to be packing my suitcase for my trip home tomorrow. (nothing against your fine city, I just miss my dog!!!)

If any of you ever find yourself heading to the Tampa Bay area, drop me a line,
http://monkeyballdiscgolf.hyperboards.com/index.php?

I'm drejal on there too

thanks again,

Andre

Larry
02-28-2008, 08:42 PM
did you have a grey hoodie and some jeans around 5:30-6:00? I feel like a jerk now. I coulda joined up with ya when I saw you at hole 1. I was the guy that was throwing at the practice basket when your buddy dropped you off. Glad you had a good time!

drejal
02-28-2008, 10:11 PM
yep, that was me.

no problem, I was just glad to get in some playin time. It's a course I'll get to brag about to my buddies back home.

dre