PDA

View Full Version : DCDGC Tournaments

EagleFan05
01-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Figured I would put this here also so maybe more people will see it.

The Daviess County Disc Golf Clubs 2 tournaments have been listed on the PDGA. The first tournament is on Saturday March 15th at Yellow Creek Park and will be a C-Tier, a flyer will be posted soon, please check out our website, http://www.daviesscountydiscgolfclub.webs.com This tournament is just to get our feet wet and to possibly raise some funds for the club. The 2008 Daviess County Open will be a B-tier event this year and will be held on August 30-31 at Yellow Creek Park, Both tournaments will include all 27 holes. We are also looking at becoming a recognized Not-For Profit Organization so that we can get a Tax ID Number to help increase our sponsor potential.

Larry
01-25-2008, 10:19 PM
Never been. Could you guys give me some feed back. Compare it to some Louisville courses and give me some directions. I'm on a mission to play at least 5-10 new courses this year. Josh, you're really getting the info out there lately. Thats the shizz. Thanks!

jeremy
01-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Yellow Creek is like Otter Creek minus the trees and with a LITTLE more elevation and a pond. The additional nine are LONG though. It's a VERY fun course!

Sweat
01-26-2008, 12:02 AM
If you've never been then it's worth going. :P

captain plastic
01-26-2008, 10:48 AM
sweet I will try to make the March 15. Sounds like a good warm up for BG.

EagleFan05
01-27-2008, 09:19 AM
The march 15th will probably have pre-set payout due to the limited funds that we have right now, that is why we are going for the nonprofit organization and to get the tax id #.

captain plastic
01-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Will it be two rounds of 18?

EagleFan05
01-27-2008, 08:40 PM
It will be 2 rounds of 27. I think the costs are 35 for Open, 25 Advanced 20 Intermediate, Rec, Novice and Juniors. We will have a flyer posted soon.

themick
01-28-2008, 07:06 AM
what is a preset payoff?

OneTime
01-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Good Work DCDGC!

You guy's are on the move. :D

J_VanOver
01-28-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't think I will be able to make it but I will ask the question anyway. Why wouldn't the payout be based on the amount of people that participate? I think Jeremy pays out 100% of what comes in but isn't there some rules that the PDGA has in place for payouts. Wouldn't you determine payouts based on those rules?

Airborne
01-28-2008, 06:44 PM
The LDGC pays out 100% after expenses. We always try to get some added cash thru donations to sweeten the pot. You can go to the PDGA site and download a chart that spells out recommended payouts based on the number of entrys in the event.

J_VanOver
01-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Sorry, I meant LDGC. I have only played in 2 tournaments and Jeremy ran both of them.

JHenson
01-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Limited funds and no sponsors. This one in March was thrown together quickly. We'll be going all out for the one in August.

EagleFan05
01-29-2008, 09:28 PM
The reason for the Pre-set Payouts is due to us only having about $150 in our club funds, we will actually spend around $100 of that plus up to $500 from the parks dept. to get our first shipment of discs. This tournament was created not for us to make any money, but to have money to put back into disc golf, no one person will make a cent off of it. Sorry for any confusion, we will try to meet the PDGA recommendations as best as financially possible. As JHenson stated the DC Open will be the premier event for us and that is what the majority of the sponsor money will go towards.

themick
01-30-2008, 07:11 AM
i was wanting to play but was wondering is the pro payout going to be 100%. i hope to make it.

jeremy
01-30-2008, 10:03 AM
The reason for the Pre-set Payouts is due to us only having about $150 in our club funds, we will actually spend around $100 of that plus up to $500 from the parks dept. to get our first shipment of discs. This tournament was created not for us to make any money, but to have money to put back into disc golf, no one person will make a cent off of it. Sorry for any confusion, we will try to meet the PDGA recommendations as best as financially possible. As JHenson stated the DC Open will be the premier event for us and that is what the majority of the sponsor money will go towards.
Don't worry! At ALL!

The tournement WILL pay for it's self. I promise. If the park is donating cash for the discs you guys should be in GREAT shape.

scottyb
01-30-2008, 01:08 PM
DCDGC, if you guys need any help down there, you know the free back breaking labor type, feel free to give me a shout, I'd love to come down and help you guys out... good work.

EagleFan05
01-30-2008, 07:53 PM
As far as i know the pro payout will be 100%, but i'm not sure. Dutch Napier is actually running this tournament, i just filled out the sanctioning agreement because he didnt have his TD license yet. He has taken the test and will have his license before the tournament. A flyer has been posted on our website for the March tourney and it has his phone information if anyone wants to call him. Thanks for all the support, we are trying our best to make this club something great.

Mark_McAlister
02-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Yellow Creek 27 hole course is awesome... I would know because I tied the record for that layout -15 with Dean Tanock, The original 18 is very fun. Just watch for OB's, theres alot of OB on the original 18. The other 9 is Long and wide open mostly. I would recommend that anybody that hasnt played Yellow Creek to go play it as soon as possible!!!

JHenson
02-01-2008, 05:52 PM
We've had better then that on the original 18.

themick
02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
were did mark come from thought you were done with us and this town?

Mark_McAlister
02-01-2008, 10:30 PM
I came, I saw, and I blew up... But just mostly on louisville golfers In general. That was then, this is now I feel like a new person and Im sorry for the things that were said! But I know this I have to come out with a bang Cause i got a big target on my head and i plan on using that to my advantage this year. Im playing every tournment in the area this year and I think that the impact will be huge... Im going to make ppl talk about me with positive stuff coming outta there mouths instead of the usual stuff... So for the people that were taken back and hurt for the things that i said... Im sorry.

themick
02-02-2008, 07:19 AM
thats cool mark were forgiving people but actions speak louder than words so welcome back and maybe see you on the course.